return to main index

mobile - desktop
follow us on facebook follow us on twitter follow us on YouTube link to us on LinkedIn
International Reptile Conservation Foundation  
click here for Rodent Pro
This Space Available
3 months for $50.00
Locate a business by name: click to list your business
search the classifieds. buy an account
events by zip code list an event
Search the forums             Search in:
News & Events: Herp Photo of the Day: False Coral Snake . . . . . . . . . .  Herp Photo of the Day: Bearded Dragon . . . . . . . . . .  Greater Cincinnati Herp Society Meeting - Apr 02, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  Calusa Herp Society Meeting - Apr 04, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  Southwestern Herp Society Meeting - Apr 06, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  Hamburg Reptile Show - Apr. 13, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  St. Louis Herpetological Society - Apr 14, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  San Diego Herp Society Meeting - Apr 16, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  Suncoast Herp Society Meeting - Apr 20, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  DFW Herp Society Meeting - Apr 20, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  Colorado Herp Society Meeting - Apr 20, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  Chicago Herpetological Society Meeting - Apr 21, 2024 . . . . . . . . . . 

Getting people to stop killing snakes

[ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ The Educator Forum ] [ FAQ ]

Posted by Jo Ann on June 20, 1999 at 21:40:29:

How can you change people's minds about killing snakes?I've gone the route of handing out PA State issued fact sheets to all my nieghbors, I've done programs at our local schools in the classrooms, I have even offered to remove the reptile from their yards. Gave out my phone number to everyone-that they can call me if a snake shows up in their yard or house or pool or whatever. And they still continue to kill the garter snakes, black rat snakes, whatever. Can anyone suggest anything else???? I'm at my wits end here. AND another thing is really getting to me-tourists-mostly city paople(no offense)that have never seen a wild animal-just hit them with their cars-ON Perpose-I've seen it!!! I don't get it!!! I don't do things like that-but I also do not throw my trash out the window when I'm driving. All of this is in the areas that are set aside for Nature. What can I do? Please help me-who can I contact. Is there a way to protect all the little creatures that cross the road to get to the breeding areas of their fathers and grandfathers??? Besides standing in the road and picking them up and moving them so they don't get hit-I spent 2 weeks out at night doing that in one area.
Please feel free to E-mail me at tokay@prolog.net

Follow Ups:

Post a Followup

Name:
E-Mail:

Subject:

Comments:

Optional Link URL:
Link Title:
Optional Image URL:

[ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ The Educator Forum ] [ FAQ ]