kingsnake.com - reptile and amphibian classifieds, breeders, forums, photos, videos and more

return to main index

mobile - desktop
follow us on facebook follow us on twitter follow us on YouTube link to us on LinkedIn

click here for Rodent Pro
This Space Available
3 months for $50.00
Locate a business by name: click to list your business
search the classifieds. buy an account
events by zip code list an event
Search the forums             Search in:
News & Events: Herp Photo of the Day: False Coral Snake . . . . . . . . . .  Herp Photo of the Day: Bearded Dragon . . . . . . . . . .  Greater Cincinnati Herp Society Meeting - Apr 02, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  Calusa Herp Society Meeting - Apr 04, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  Southwestern Herp Society Meeting - Apr 06, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  Hamburg Reptile Show - Apr. 13, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  St. Louis Herpetological Society - Apr 14, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  San Diego Herp Society Meeting - Apr 16, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  Suncoast Herp Society Meeting - Apr 20, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  DFW Herp Society Meeting - Apr 20, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  Colorado Herp Society Meeting - Apr 20, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  Chicago Herpetological Society Meeting - Apr 21, 2024 . . . . . . . . . . 

And the results are in...

[ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ The Water Dragon and Basilisk Forum ]

Posted by JoeyP on May 04, 2003 at 17:36:41:

So I took some of the water (from the wetland filter) in to get cheked. Ammonia, Nitrites pretty much maxed out and pH was high too. Not wanting to harm the dragon, by waiting for plants to grow more or chemicals to start working, I took out the wetland filter for the time being. I was having another problem with it anyways. My dragon apparently liked playing in the plants, which meant they were constantly getting broken and pulled down into the water, which in turn means they weren't rooting very well. When I dismantled the wetland filter, I did notice that I didn't see any solid waste in it, which really surprised me. I plan to try it again someday, when I have a bigger cage for him. I think the whole setup needs to be larger, mine was quite small and everything was to concentrated I think. Also if I could find an easy way, I would set it up in such a way that he couldn't get at the plants, maybe a plexiglass wall, that could still allow for light to come in through the top (and they would probably do very well in the semi-greenhouse enviroment). It's unfortuante that it didn't work as well as I had hoped, but I'm trying something else now, which will hopefully work better on my small scale, I'll take some of the water in in the next few weeks and see how it works.

Follow Ups:

[ Follow Ups ] [ The Water Dragon and Basilisk Forum ]