kingsnake.com - reptile and amphibian classifieds, breeders, forums, photos, videos and more

return to main index

mobile - desktop
follow us on facebook follow us on twitter follow us on YouTube link to us on LinkedIn
Southwestern Center for Herpetological Research  
Click here for LLL Reptile & Supply
Mice, Rats, Rabbits, Chicks, Quail
Available Now at RodentPro.com!
Locate a business by name: click to list your business
search the classifieds. buy an account
events by zip code list an event
Search the forums             Search in:
News & Events: Herp Photo of the Day: Bearded Dragon . . . . . . . . . .  Tinley Reflections: An open letter from Mom . . . . . . . . . .  Greater Cincinnati Herp Society Meeting - Apr 02, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  Calusa Herp Society Meeting - Apr 04, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  Southwestern Herp Society Meeting - Apr 06, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  Hamburg Reptile Show - Apr. 13, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  St. Louis Herpetological Society - Apr 14, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  San Diego Herp Society Meeting - Apr 16, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  Suncoast Herp Society Meeting - Apr 20, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  DFW Herp Society Meeting - Apr 20, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  Colorado Herp Society Meeting - Apr 20, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  Chicago Herpetological Society Meeting - Apr 21, 2024 . . . . . . . . . . 

Re: I am sorry Jaffo, I never said anything about teaching

[ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ The Crotalidae Forum ]

Posted by FR on September 22, 2002 at 16:26:51:

In Reply to: Yeah-- about that pic. posted by Jaffo on September 22, 2002 at 13:40:56:

I hope this teaches you how to observe, I never said I came to teach, I said, I came to have fun and share. You ability to understand needs some work. You filled in what you wanted, with your own words. Is this how you make all your observations??? I also, never said I was an expert on rattlesnakes, I have been doing extensive field work with them for many years, but no, I never said I was an expert. They are not a focal point or main interest of mine. I do love all wildlife, with a real interest in reptiles. Why do I have to be an expert?????

Unfortunately your comment about how extensive your knowledge is, may be flawed as well. You are too young to have extensive knowledge and experience. For instance, I have field experience with montane rattlesnakes from southern Mexico to here. As well as extensive field experience of the rattlesnakes from coast to coast of the southern U.S., but again, I am not an expert. I have worked on research on our montane rattlesnakes here for many years. Again no expert. But you on the otherhand have lucky enough to have seen a few and that does what???????? your young, give yourself some time. Guess what, in twenty years you still will not know much. But, hopefully, you will ask better questions.

About Hybrids, again your knowledge is weak, your are looking at it from a taxonomic point of view. Not by behavior, behavior is not constant from population to population, and not from individual to individual. As you can see with people here, behavior can go bezerk. So it does in nature, abnormal behavior is one method nature keeps fresh. It tries to offer more options for survival.

If you and your buddies would actually research literature, I am sure you will find evidence that it has happened in nature. For instance, a lepidus/willardi cross was preserved by New Mex game and fish. San Diego zoo had a natural occuring kingsnake/gophersnake cross. ASDM had several rattlesnake crosses in the past, both wildcaught and natural. So please try to do some actual work. But I am truly sorry, it does'n work how you want it to. F

Follow Ups:

[ Follow Ups ] [ The Crotalidae Forum ]