kingsnake.com - reptile and amphibian classifieds, breeders, forums, photos, videos and more

return to main index

mobile - desktop
follow us on facebook follow us on twitter follow us on YouTube link to us on LinkedIn
Southwestern Center for Herpetological Research  
click here for Rodent Pro
This Space Available
3 months for $50.00
Locate a business by name: click to list your business
search the classifieds. buy an account
events by zip code list an event
Search the forums             Search in:
News & Events: Herp Photo of the Day: False Coral Snake . . . . . . . . . .  Herp Photo of the Day: Bearded Dragon . . . . . . . . . .  Greater Cincinnati Herp Society Meeting - Apr 02, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  Calusa Herp Society Meeting - Apr 04, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  Southwestern Herp Society Meeting - Apr 06, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  Hamburg Reptile Show - Apr. 13, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  St. Louis Herpetological Society - Apr 14, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  San Diego Herp Society Meeting - Apr 16, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  Suncoast Herp Society Meeting - Apr 20, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  DFW Herp Society Meeting - Apr 20, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  Colorado Herp Society Meeting - Apr 20, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  Chicago Herpetological Society Meeting - Apr 21, 2024 . . . . . . . . . . 

Love the look on a kids face when holding first snake (pics)

[ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ The Corn Snake Forum ]

Posted by Lyn on May 18, 2003 at 21:54:14:

The neighborhood kids know I have lots of critters and will ask for some by name. My next door neighbor's 5 yr old loves the color pink so always asks to see Snowball, who is my most pink snake. I had my Savannah Monitor out front yesterday, so naturally a crowd gathered. I had over a dozen people on my lawn, youngest was 3 yrs old up to adults. The 2 yr old took my monitors leash and was very proud to be "walking" him. Didn't get a pic. Then they started to ask for the snakes. Out came Snowball by popular demand. Even the 3 yr old will hold him. The girls like him cuz of his color like I mentioned earlier. One girl who hadn't been over before was scared at first but by the end was holding Snowball and was so proud of herself! Then I brought out Casper. This little boy was just totally entranced by him!

I think I'm lucky I got him back. He was tentative at first to hold him but was handling him with no worries after a few minutes. I always hope I am converting some of them into reptile lovers, or at least that they will grow up to respect them and not fear/hate them.

Follow Ups:

[ Follow Ups ] [ The Corn Snake Forum ]