kingsnake.com - reptile and amphibian classifieds, breeders, forums, photos, videos and more

return to main index

mobile - desktop
follow us on facebook follow us on twitter follow us on YouTube link to us on LinkedIn
Southwestern Center for Herpetological Research  
Click here for LLL Reptile & Supply
Mice, Rats, Rabbits, Chicks, Quail
Available Now at RodentPro.com!
Locate a business by name: click to list your business
search the classifieds. buy an account
events by zip code list an event
Search the forums             Search in:
News & Events: Herp Photo of the Day: Horned Lizard . . . . . . . . . .  Herp Photo of the Day: Fence Lizard . . . . . . . . . .  Bay Area Herpetological Society Meeting - Apr 26, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  Calusa Herp Society Meeting - May 02, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  Southwestern Herp Society Meeting - May 04, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  Exotic Pets Expo - Manasas - May 05, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  Greater Cincinnati Herp Society Meeting - May 07, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  St. Louis Herpetological Society - May 12, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  Colorado Herp Society Meeting - May 18, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  Chicago Herpetological Society Meeting - May 19, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  San Diego Herp Society Meeting - May 21, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  Bay Area Herpetological Society Meeting - May 24, 2024 . . . . . . . . . . 

Huh?

[ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ The Corn Snake Forum ]

Posted by Serpwidgets on May 13, 2003 at 16:16:32:

In Reply to: Huh? posted by Russ Bates on May 13, 2003 at 08:45:00:

Anyways.....it's cool....corns are cool.....and I was just looking for others opinions about people posting "Will breed this coming season". Sorry for confusing you.

Ya, hehe, that was fun. :)

There are people out there who really love the hobby and put a lot of work into it, and are very honest and reputable. Seems like a lot of people want to jump in head first, and when they try to take shortcuts they often end up skipping past those people and hand their money over to sleazy/shady types because they didn't do their homework, and those people will tell them whatever they want to hear or take advantage of the buyer's optimism.

When they realize they've been ripped off, a lot of people walk away from the hobby and/or act like there are no honest people to be found. That detracts from the hard work and honesty of some really great people, and I think that's what irks me on that side of the coin.

As for the specific statement you posted as an example, yeah, that does bother me. You'd think they could take the time to type 3 characters like "'03" or "'04" to avoid confusion. Anyone paying attention would be smart to ask what that statement means. It's those who don't ask that I have a problem with. ;)

Follow Ups:

[ Follow Ups ] [ The Corn Snake Forum ]