kingsnake.com - reptile and amphibian classifieds, breeders, forums, photos, videos and more

return to main index

mobile - desktop
follow us on facebook follow us on twitter follow us on YouTube link to us on LinkedIn
Southwestern Center for Herpetological Research  
Click here for LLL Reptile & Supply
Mice, Rats, Rabbits, Chicks, Quail
Available Now at RodentPro.com!
Locate a business by name: click to list your business
search the classifieds. buy an account
events by zip code list an event
Search the forums             Search in:
News & Events: Herp Photo of the Day: False Coral Snake . . . . . . . . . .  Herp Photo of the Day: Bearded Dragon . . . . . . . . . .  Greater Cincinnati Herp Society Meeting - Apr 02, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  Calusa Herp Society Meeting - Apr 04, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  Southwestern Herp Society Meeting - Apr 06, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  Hamburg Reptile Show - Apr. 13, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  St. Louis Herpetological Society - Apr 14, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  San Diego Herp Society Meeting - Apr 16, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  Suncoast Herp Society Meeting - Apr 20, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  DFW Herp Society Meeting - Apr 20, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  Colorado Herp Society Meeting - Apr 20, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  Chicago Herpetological Society Meeting - Apr 21, 2024 . . . . . . . . . . 

Snake has lump in throat area

[ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ The Corn Snake Forum ]

Posted by woodheadd on May 12, 2003 at 06:43:43:

In Reply to: Snake has lump in throat area posted by woodheadd on May 12, 2003 at 06:41:34:

::I've got a corn snake that i adopted a few months back. Just recently it seems to develope a lump or some kind of growth underneath the skin of the throat area, about an inch back from the head. It seemed to just pop up in a matter of days. I'm just now feeding him for the first time since i noticed it, and at least on the first fuzzy he seemed to have a little trouble getting the mouse past the general area of the lump. The lumb is quite big, relatively speaking. It's about half the size of his head, maybe a little smaller. The snake is 2 feet or less long, not quite in inch in diameter at the thickest part of the body. Anyway, i was wondering if anyone had any idea what this could be. I was thinking MAYBE it could have been some of the carefresh that i use for bedding but i would think it would eventually go down. I noticed him not take the time to really kill the mouse before hand so maybe he was bit while it was in his throat (but these fuzzies don't even have their eyes quite open, so i kind of doubt that). Other than that maybe cancer?! Anyone know what it is?!

:
:>I have the same problem with an adult male cal king i just made a trade for and didnt see the snake before,he claims it is from a mouse bite but they look more like tumors,mine has 3,1 on the neck and 2 on the head...sorry i cant help,also what do you do when no vets will look at reptiles or even know anything about them in your area

>The lumps on mine arent as big,but still something to worry about,he seems healthy although he hasnt ate for me yet,but he has been breeding 3 females so thats the cause of that,hope its nothing genetic

Follow Ups:

[ Follow Ups ] [ The Corn Snake Forum ]