mobile - desktop
HIGHEST quality captive bred reptiles
News & Events:
Posted by AgentOfLillith on May 09, 2003 at 08:43:05:
I've got a stubborn feeder who will only eat live mice. Right now she can handle a weanling, but I dare not feed her the weanling because of the potential damage it can do. I feed her two fuzzies or 3 peach fuzzies instead. Today I fed her three peach fuzzies and she constricted the first two, but was in such a rush she didn't kill the last one before she swallowed it and it sorta squirmed for a while in her throat as she was swallowing. It sorta made me grimace (and very worried) at what sort of damage that clawing does to her esophageal lining.
Has anyone had any trouble with this sort of thing? Lost a snake due to it swallowing a live mouse that squirmed around in it's belly? Any complications from this happening?
I'm tempted to give her a shot of baytril or put GSE in her water to prevent possible infection to the scrapes she probably has in her throat.