kingsnake.com - reptile and amphibian classifieds, breeders, forums, photos, videos and more

return to main index

mobile - desktop
follow us on facebook follow us on twitter follow us on YouTube link to us on LinkedIn
Click here for LLL Reptile & Supply  
click here for Rodent Pro
This Space Available
3 months for $50.00
Locate a business by name: click to list your business
search the classifieds. buy an account
events by zip code list an event
Search the forums             Search in:
News & Events: Herp Photo of the Day: Horned Lizard . . . . . . . . . .  Herp Photo of the Day: Fence Lizard . . . . . . . . . .  Bay Area Herpetological Society Meeting - Apr 26, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  Calusa Herp Society Meeting - May 02, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  Southwestern Herp Society Meeting - May 04, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  Exotic Pets Expo - Manasas - May 05, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  Greater Cincinnati Herp Society Meeting - May 07, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  St. Louis Herpetological Society - May 12, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  Colorado Herp Society Meeting - May 18, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  Chicago Herpetological Society Meeting - May 19, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  San Diego Herp Society Meeting - May 21, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  Bay Area Herpetological Society Meeting - May 24, 2024 . . . . . . . . . . 

Velcro straps may work for your large box ~ pics of straping

[ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ The Corn Snake Forum ]

Posted by JM on May 08, 2003 at 12:57:13:

In Reply to: Binder clips... pics and more comments. :) posted by Serpwidgets on May 07, 2003 at 21:57:49:

Thanks for the pics. I picked up some binder clips yesterday and I do think they will be much better than the rubberbands.

For your larger tub, Velcro straps could work. These pics are of the straps I made for an aquairium, but I use them one the very large sweater box'es too. The work well, but are a bit of a pain to make.

Just get sew a ring to one end of the strapping. You can buy the strapping at Walmart or Jo-Annes Fabrics, probably anywhere. That ring is something I found in the hardware dept, but key chain rings work fine.

The wrap the strapping all the way around the tank or tub to measure length. Leave enough that you will be able to thread the velcro end of the strapping through the ring and pull tight. Then sew Velcro to the end (Remember, don't use sticky velcro~ $100 to fix my sewing machine and I don't think those guys are ever going to stop telling the story about the lady with a sewing machine full of glue!)

When you pull the strap tight you have to hold on to the ring or it just flips around the other side of your tank, but it holds really well once in place, and is easy to open and close.

Follow Ups:

[ Follow Ups ] [ The Corn Snake Forum ]