kingsnake.com - reptile and amphibian classifieds, breeders, forums, photos, videos and more

return to main index

mobile - desktop
follow us on facebook follow us on twitter follow us on YouTube link to us on LinkedIn

Click here for LLL Reptile & Supply
Mice, Rats, Rabbits, Chicks, Quail
Available Now at RodentPro.com!
Locate a business by name: click to list your business
search the classifieds. buy an account
events by zip code list an event
Search the forums             Search in:
News & Events: Herp Photo of the Day: False Coral Snake . . . . . . . . . .  Herp Photo of the Day: Bearded Dragon . . . . . . . . . .  Greater Cincinnati Herp Society Meeting - Apr 02, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  Calusa Herp Society Meeting - Apr 04, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  Southwestern Herp Society Meeting - Apr 06, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  Hamburg Reptile Show - Apr. 13, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  St. Louis Herpetological Society - Apr 14, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  San Diego Herp Society Meeting - Apr 16, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  Suncoast Herp Society Meeting - Apr 20, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  DFW Herp Society Meeting - Apr 20, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  Colorado Herp Society Meeting - Apr 20, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  Chicago Herpetological Society Meeting - Apr 21, 2024 . . . . . . . . . . 

I'd probably be labled as an addict...

[ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ The Corn Snake Forum ]

Posted by cktrj on May 06, 2003 at 20:36:40:

In Reply to: I'd probably be labled as an addict... posted by Amanda E on May 05, 2003 at 18:30:32:

my husband thinks I'm nuts, not to mention all the other men I work with!! considering the very first corn was/is "his"! I just use the "oh yeah by the way..." after all, our collection has grown from 1 corn 2 years ago, to the current 19 corns (2 more on order with serpenco, and at least 1 if not 2 more purchases planned, not to mention the ones to keep from breedings this year!!!) it's just too fun! :)

:I have a degree in zoology, so that's my accuse I give as to why I spend so much time reading about and spending time with my snakes. But in reality I just love 'em and would love to have more. And to think...I'd never even held a snake until a few years ago.

:But I've already hit two of those points you mention Shaky.

:I have a list of about 6 species, besides corns, I would like and I can't make up my mind what I would like more. But the main factor is that my husband says I can't buy another snake for at least a few more years. BUT... he has agreed that I can breed my snakes and keep some of the offspring. Now the problem becomes, how can I convince him to let me keep a bunch of the babies rather than just a pair.

Follow Ups:

[ Follow Ups ] [ The Corn Snake Forum ]