kingsnake.com - reptile and amphibian classifieds, breeders, forums, photos, videos and more

return to main index

mobile - desktop
follow us on facebook follow us on twitter follow us on YouTube link to us on LinkedIn

Click here for LLL Reptile & Supply
This Space Available
3 months for $50.00
Locate a business by name: click to list your business
search the classifieds. buy an account
events by zip code list an event
Search the forums             Search in:
News & Events: Herp Photo of the Day: False Coral Snake . . . . . . . . . .  Herp Photo of the Day: Bearded Dragon . . . . . . . . . .  Greater Cincinnati Herp Society Meeting - Apr 02, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  Calusa Herp Society Meeting - Apr 04, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  Southwestern Herp Society Meeting - Apr 06, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  Hamburg Reptile Show - Apr. 13, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  St. Louis Herpetological Society - Apr 14, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  San Diego Herp Society Meeting - Apr 16, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  Suncoast Herp Society Meeting - Apr 20, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  DFW Herp Society Meeting - Apr 20, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  Colorado Herp Society Meeting - Apr 20, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  Chicago Herpetological Society Meeting - Apr 21, 2024 . . . . . . . . . . 

Deformed Head, or..?

[ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ The Corn Snake Forum ]

Posted by Taceas on May 05, 2003 at 15:52:20:

Maybe someone else has seen this before, at least thats what I'm counting on.

With all of the severe/tornadic storms we had last night, I thought it best to package up my pets and put them in our shelter in case worse came to worse. (Just imagine 2 people, 1 large dog, 4 cats, 6 snakes, 1 ferret, and a lizard in a closet under a flight of stairs =P) So I'm putting the baby snakes in their deli-cup feeder containers, and as I'm putting my small female blizzard in hers, I notice her head is mishapen.

I got her from Serpenco about a month ago, and I have to say that she is the calmest and most gentle hatchling I've got. She'll just sit there curled around your finger for hours if you let her. She's been what I would call, a slow-eater. It takes her almost 45 mins to get to the point that she'll eat the pinkie. And sometimes I have to re-scent it 2-3 times and place it right in front of her snout. All of my other 5 snakes have already downed their meals and are back into their enclosures.

Despite her calm disposition, I'm worried about the shape of her head. She looks like she's trying to sprout a horn out the top of her head. When I gently touch it, it's hard and doesn't press inwards. Not only that, but compared to my other hatchlings of around the same hatch date, her head just looks "odd" It's smaller, more triangular shaped, and of course the obvious lump.

Here are a few quick pictures I tried to get of it. If these don't work, I'll work on taking more that hopefully turn out better.

Is this something I should be worried about? Or am I just reading too much into it?

Thanks for your help and advice!

Misty

Follow Ups:

[ Follow Ups ] [ The Corn Snake Forum ]