kingsnake.com - reptile and amphibian classifieds, breeders, forums, photos, videos and more

return to main index

mobile - desktop
follow us on facebook follow us on twitter follow us on YouTube link to us on LinkedIn

Click here for LLL Reptile & Supply
This Space Available
3 months for $50.00
Locate a business by name: click to list your business
search the classifieds. buy an account
events by zip code list an event
Search the forums             Search in:
News & Events: Herp Photo of the Day: Happy Rattlesnake Friday! . . . . . . . . . .  Herp Photo of the Day: Indigo . . . . . . . . . .  Suncoast Herp Society Meeting - Apr 20, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  DFW Herp Society Meeting - Apr 20, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  Colorado Herp Society Meeting - Apr 20, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  Chicago Herpetological Society Meeting - Apr 21, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  Bay Area Herpetological Society Meeting - Apr 26, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  Calusa Herp Society Meeting - May 02, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  Southwestern Herp Society Meeting - May 04, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  Exotic Pets Expo - Manasas - May 05, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  Greater Cincinnati Herp Society Meeting - May 07, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  St. Louis Herpetological Society - May 12, 2024 . . . . . . . . . . 

same here

[ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ The Corn Snake Forum ]

Posted by h0mersimps0n on April 30, 2003 at 07:31:53:

In Reply to: Pictures of 'self everting' event posted by Serpwidgets on April 30, 2003 at 03:32:49:

The first time my male and female were put back together after about 4 weeks separation to allow her to lay her eggs in peace, he crawled over her, FULLY extended his hemi-penis's AND did the deed all over her (dirty crap made a mess). She was not receptive but since then they've gotten it on at least a few times...

My leopard gecko make does the same thing...

must be a reptile thing to pull out your slong and show it to girls... damn if we did that we'd end up in jail :-P

:I've mentioned this a few times recently, so I thought I'd post pictures of it so people know what I'm talking about.

:Probing and popping all have margins of error, even when the experts do it. The thing I like about this is that it's 100% proof that you've got a male. Best I can tell anyway... I doubt a female will ever evert her hemipenes. ;)

:Before it happens, he'll lift his entire tail in the air. Then out come the hemis:
:
:They don't come out any farther than this, and I'm pretty sure this is not the entire hemipene.

:Then they retract, and leave this behind:
:

:The other important observation I've made about this is that it's only good for saying, "it's a male." If he doesn't do this, it doesn't prove he's not a male. Also, just because a male does this doesn't mean he's sure to breed, or that he'll be potent.
:

Follow Ups:

[ Follow Ups ] [ The Corn Snake Forum ]