kingsnake.com - reptile and amphibian classifieds, breeders, forums, photos, videos and more

return to main index

mobile - desktop
follow us on facebook follow us on twitter follow us on YouTube link to us on LinkedIn
Southwestern Center for Herpetological Research  
Click here for LLL Reptile & Supply
Mice, Rats, Rabbits, Chicks, Quail
Available Now at RodentPro.com!
Locate a business by name: click to list your business
search the classifieds. buy an account
events by zip code list an event
Search the forums             Search in:
News & Events: Herp Photo of the Day: Happy Rattlesnake Friday! . . . . . . . . . .  Herp Photo of the Day: Indigo . . . . . . . . . .  Suncoast Herp Society Meeting - Apr 20, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  DFW Herp Society Meeting - Apr 20, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  Colorado Herp Society Meeting - Apr 20, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  Chicago Herpetological Society Meeting - Apr 21, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  Bay Area Herpetological Society Meeting - Apr 26, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  Calusa Herp Society Meeting - May 02, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  Southwestern Herp Society Meeting - May 04, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  Exotic Pets Expo - Manasas - May 05, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  Greater Cincinnati Herp Society Meeting - May 07, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  St. Louis Herpetological Society - May 12, 2024 . . . . . . . . . . 

Genetics 'n all

[ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ The Corn Snake Forum ]

Posted by sasheena on April 27, 2003 at 18:58:52:

I know that there have been a zillion discussions about the genetics of corns. Since I'm a very slight expert on mouse genetics, I understand the whole dominance, codominance, recessive, punnett square stuff... even have a website on the genetics of mice... but would love to be able to see a site that discusses the genetics in an allele by allele manner. for example, I can tell you that a mouse with the following genes:

aaBbc(ch)/c(h)DdPp will result in a siamese sable mouse

Is there any website that has some genetics... for example I have a striped anerythristic corn whom I believe is het for amelanism and for who knows what else. I've read serpwidgets site through. I would love to be able to see a listing by gene... you know, a listing of perhaps if we took a normal corn snake it would have a CC normal melanism, then there is hypermelanistic or hypomelanistic (a lot of black?) which would be perhaps c(+) for additional black, and c(-) for no black which would be amelanistic. Is there such a site? or at least a commonly used genetics nomenclature as there is with mice? I would just love to be able to get the colorations of corn snakes to fit in my mind,but until I see it in lists of codes with capitals for recessives, the same leading letter for alleles (striped and motley?) and other similarities, I do not know that I will be able to figure it all out. Heck, if there ISN'T a website that does this, but there is a nomenclature, I would love to be able to MAKE a website that goes through these things and spells them all out. (but I would prefer to read someone else's work) anyway, thanks

~SAsheena

~Sas

Follow Ups:

[ Follow Ups ] [ The Corn Snake Forum ]