kingsnake.com - reptile and amphibian classifieds, breeders, forums, photos, videos and more

return to main index

mobile - desktop
follow us on facebook follow us on twitter follow us on YouTube link to us on LinkedIn
Southwestern Center for Herpetological Research  
click here for Rodent Pro
Mice, Rats, Rabbits, Chicks, Quail
Available Now at RodentPro.com!
Locate a business by name: click to list your business
search the classifieds. buy an account
events by zip code list an event
Search the forums             Search in:
News & Events: Herp Photo of the Day: Indigo . . . . . . . . . .  Herp Photo of the Day: Gopher Snake . . . . . . . . . .  Suncoast Herp Society Meeting - Apr 20, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  DFW Herp Society Meeting - Apr 20, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  Colorado Herp Society Meeting - Apr 20, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  Chicago Herpetological Society Meeting - Apr 21, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  Bay Area Herpetological Society Meeting - Apr 26, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  Calusa Herp Society Meeting - May 02, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  Southwestern Herp Society Meeting - May 04, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  Exotic Pets Expo - Manasas - May 05, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  Greater Cincinnati Herp Society Meeting - May 07, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  St. Louis Herpetological Society - May 12, 2024 . . . . . . . . . . 

after they are hatched? well, I just throw them out...he he

[ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ The Corn Snake Forum ]

Posted by nodaksnakelover on April 25, 2003 at 11:56:46:

In Reply to: I thought... posted by Amanda E on April 25, 2003 at 11:10:11:

I assume you meant a few weeks after they are laid, rather than hatched...he he he...anyhow, I don't have a lot of years behind me in it, and I wonder how much research has gone into seeing what happens in the developing snake egg. I have an egg candler, perhaps I can do different things with a large clutch of eggs and see what takes place. It would be curious to learn all we can. Who knows. But most people don't like to mess with their eggs, they want them to hatch rather than test how much stress they can take. I've incubated my eggs in small rubbermaid containers within the cage of the female corn that laid them. And so they are taken out everytime the cage is cleaned but I make sure the container doesn't get bumped in moving around. Don't notice anything wrong with doing this so far. And it seems to be the best incubation method yet for me.

:I thought that you really didn't have to worry about how you handle the eggs until a few weeks after being hatched... then you need to worry if you are going to move them.

:Have I heard wrong?

Follow Ups:

[ Follow Ups ] [ The Corn Snake Forum ]