kingsnake.com - reptile and amphibian classifieds, breeders, forums, photos, videos and more

return to main index

mobile - desktop
follow us on facebook follow us on twitter follow us on YouTube link to us on LinkedIn
Southwestern Center for Herpetological Research  
Click here for LLL Reptile & Supply
This Space Available
3 months for $50.00
Locate a business by name: click to list your business
search the classifieds. buy an account
events by zip code list an event
Search the forums             Search in:
News & Events: Herp Photo of the Day: Bearded Dragon . . . . . . . . . .  Tinley Reflections: An open letter from Mom . . . . . . . . . .  Greater Cincinnati Herp Society Meeting - Apr 02, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  Calusa Herp Society Meeting - Apr 04, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  Southwestern Herp Society Meeting - Apr 06, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  Hamburg Reptile Show - Apr. 13, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  St. Louis Herpetological Society - Apr 14, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  San Diego Herp Society Meeting - Apr 16, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  Suncoast Herp Society Meeting - Apr 20, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  DFW Herp Society Meeting - Apr 20, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  Colorado Herp Society Meeting - Apr 20, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  Chicago Herpetological Society Meeting - Apr 21, 2024 . . . . . . . . . . 

More details...

[ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ Collared Lizard Forum ]

Posted by LNell on April 23, 2003 at 19:43:21:

In Reply to: Female not eating... posted by LNell on April 23, 2003 at 14:27:46:

She is a little thin, her ribs are not very visible or anything. I use a water dropper to give her water more often than I would normally because she is not getting any moisture from her food. She use to eat well; she ate dusted crickets but never touched mealworms. When I first got her, she was like she is now. I was thinking it might be the change of scenery (I moved them from a 29 gallon high aquarium to that cage), but I moved them in about 4 weeks ago. Also, she was eating fine for a while when she was first introduced to the 6' cage. She wasn't very outgoing, kind of shy, but she ate.

The temperatures are about 110º at the hot spot and about 85º on the hot side under all the rocks. The cooler side is about 65-75º. I have two sets of rocks on each end of the cage, each providing plenty of hiding spots. In the middle, I have a flat rock that she likes to dig and sleep under. She usually has just the front of her head sticking out to look around when she's not sleeping (not very often). This is where she spends most of her time.

Follow Ups:

[ Follow Ups ] [ Collared Lizard Forum ]