kingsnake.com - reptile and amphibian classifieds, breeders, forums, photos, videos and more

return to main index

mobile - desktop
follow us on facebook follow us on twitter follow us on YouTube link to us on LinkedIn

click here for Rodent Pro
Mice, Rats, Rabbits, Chicks, Quail
Available Now at RodentPro.com!
Locate a business by name: click to list your business
search the classifieds. buy an account
events by zip code list an event
Search the forums             Search in:
News & Events: Herp Photo of the Day: False Coral Snake . . . . . . . . . .  Herp Photo of the Day: Bearded Dragon . . . . . . . . . .  Greater Cincinnati Herp Society Meeting - Apr 02, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  Calusa Herp Society Meeting - Apr 04, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  Southwestern Herp Society Meeting - Apr 06, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  Hamburg Reptile Show - Apr. 13, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  St. Louis Herpetological Society - Apr 14, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  San Diego Herp Society Meeting - Apr 16, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  Suncoast Herp Society Meeting - Apr 20, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  DFW Herp Society Meeting - Apr 20, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  Colorado Herp Society Meeting - Apr 20, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  Chicago Herpetological Society Meeting - Apr 21, 2024 . . . . . . . . . . 

Justin, sounds better, yeah keep the collared away from the

[ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ Collared Lizard Forum ]

Posted by eve on April 22, 2003 at 16:34:33:

In Reply to: Hi, I would definitely make big changes Jason>>>>>>>> posted by JustinM. on April 22, 2003 at 15:46:05:

:Eve,

: Thank you for responding to my post! Like you said I am recouporating the plated; why would I have him in the same cage??? It's basic knowledge not to put more than 1 animal in a quarantine cage. The plated lizard is most likely a wild caught animal that i bought from Xtreme reptiles(I wouldn't recommend them as a good wholesale source by the way). The plated does not eat from chronic dehydration and is very skinny. I'm syringe feeding the plated presently with chicken flavored baby food and miner-all. The plated lizard won't defecate until there is something in its system. Until then, it really can't pass anything to the collard. There are no visible signs of nematodes and/or parasites.
: Currently, I'm nursing a severly dehydrated Henkel's leaf-tail, the plated, a Cuban Night anole and watching the collard lizard. I will put together an ESU medium habitat cage for the collard and seperate him/her. The only reasoning behind putting together the lizards together was because of the gergarious nature of my desert lizards. The collard is not dark, closing its eyes and/or not moving. As I said, its active, alert and inquisitive. But, I will quarantine him/her to be extra careful. All my animals recieve excellent care...I'm not about to start on the wrong path. I hope that reassures you:) Thanks for the response!
:

plated lizard. Just because they are both desert lizards does not mean they should live together, they bask near each other only because they are forced to, where else can they go ? Ya know, I have 3 chuckwallas and a desert iguana that are desert dwellers too, but I would not put them all with my collareds, or mix any of them for that matter. As far as your plated, You can also add some petiylite, I spelled that wrong, in baby food section for good for rehydrating the plated. The collared and plated will be much less stressed now that you seperated them. Also I have a uroplatus henkeli (leaftail) too , he also can have the baby electolyte liquid with an eyedropper. Make sure you mist the sides of his tank few times a day and let him lick the dropplets off. Hey take it easy, and let me know how they do, :0) Eve

Follow Ups:

[ Follow Ups ] [ Collared Lizard Forum ]