kingsnake.com - reptile and amphibian classifieds, breeders, forums, photos, videos and more

return to main index

mobile - desktop
follow us on facebook follow us on twitter follow us on YouTube link to us on LinkedIn

Click here for LLL Reptile & Supply
Mice, Rats, Rabbits, Chicks, Quail
Available Now at RodentPro.com!
Locate a business by name: click to list your business
search the classifieds. buy an account
events by zip code list an event
Search the forums             Search in:
News & Events: Herp Photo of the Day: Happy Earth Day . . . . . . . . . .  Herp Photo of the Day: Happy Rattlesnake Friday! . . . . . . . . . .  Bay Area Herpetological Society Meeting - Apr 26, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  Calusa Herp Society Meeting - May 02, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  Southwestern Herp Society Meeting - May 04, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  Exotic Pets Expo - Manasas - May 05, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  Greater Cincinnati Herp Society Meeting - May 07, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  St. Louis Herpetological Society - May 12, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  Colorado Herp Society Meeting - May 18, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  Chicago Herpetological Society Meeting - May 19, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  San Diego Herp Society Meeting - May 21, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  Bay Area Herpetological Society Meeting - May 24, 2024 . . . . . . . . . . 

DI update

[ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ The Chuckwalla Forum ]

Posted by JohnStyner on February 11, 2003 at 11:45:11:

Hello,
Hey Dave your chucks aren't using any heat shielding for hidespots are they.
Maybe you better check.

But seriously. Our female DI is lookin pretty lumpy with eggs. Shes coming out of her
hidespot later and later each day. Making Tuffy wait longer. Which just makes him all the humpier
when she finally comes out to get something to eat and she gets mauled.
Shes smart though.
Lately I've seen her coming out of a hidspot that is strategically located near the food bowl
and she tries to sneak out bask , eat and sneak back in all without tuffy seeing her. She tries to anyway.
Tuffy spends his whole day searching and watching for her.

These guys' clocks are totaly almost backwards to nature now.
I have my lights go on at 4:30 pm and go out at 2 am since
I got them from you over 2 years ago
so I can see them after work.
But because of they're early brumating in early June they are also
brumating at unatural seasons as I woke them after 7 months around Christmas.
They don't know the difference and they seem OK. So I might get some eggs in Feb.
I couldn't bring myself to put your grandaugter DI in with the adults with Tuffy the
way he is I don't want him to pull a Micheal Jackson on the little girl.

Anyway 'll keep you all posted on any new DI eggs.
C ya'
John Styner

Follow Ups:

[ Follow Ups ] [ The Chuckwalla Forum ]