kingsnake.com - reptile and amphibian classifieds, breeders, forums, photos, videos and more

return to main index

mobile - desktop
follow us on facebook follow us on twitter follow us on YouTube link to us on LinkedIn
Southwestern Center for Herpetological Research  
click here for Rodent Pro
Mice, Rats, Rabbits, Chicks, Quail
Available Now at RodentPro.com!
Locate a business by name: click to list your business
search the classifieds. buy an account
events by zip code list an event
Search the forums             Search in:
News & Events: Herp Photo of the Day: Horned Lizard . . . . . . . . . .  Herp Photo of the Day: Fence Lizard . . . . . . . . . .  Bay Area Herpetological Society Meeting - Apr 26, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  Calusa Herp Society Meeting - May 02, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  Southwestern Herp Society Meeting - May 04, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  Exotic Pets Expo - Manasas - May 05, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  Greater Cincinnati Herp Society Meeting - May 07, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  St. Louis Herpetological Society - May 12, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  Colorado Herp Society Meeting - May 18, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  Chicago Herpetological Society Meeting - May 19, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  San Diego Herp Society Meeting - May 21, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  Bay Area Herpetological Society Meeting - May 24, 2024 . . . . . . . . . . 

Thanks Bob, Loren and Eve for the input...................

[ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ The Chuckwalla Forum ]

Posted by tgreb on January 26, 2003 at 08:04:32:

In Reply to: Tom..Please Read..Regarding Chucks posted by chelonian on January 25, 2003 at 23:40:16:

I am thinking that the solid hibernation is too much for some of the Baja herps as you all indicated especially the petrosaurus due to how far south they occur. I talked with a good freind of mine, Paul McIntosh, who has been very successful in the past with petrosaurus. He told me he had the same problem with his petros when he tried to put them down for too long. I really think they just can't take that long at that cold(55F.) It did not seem to bother my obesus or crotaphytus at all. They probably could have went another 2 months. I am definately going to do things different next year.

Bob I have talked with this vet also, Dr. Jarchow(spelling). Craig from the Museum hooked me up with him when I was having some skin problems with a group of cb individuals I got from someone else. He may remember me. I know about the herpes virus. Craig was supposed to get with him to see if they could check the animal for the virus even though it was starting to decompose. Maybe you could ask him for me and get back with me as it takes Craig forever to get back with me. I have the animal in the freezer. I am deffinately going to have the rest of my animals checked. All the rest seemed to come out ok and are eating well now and look good.

Yes Loren I do sometimes have chucks that refuse to go down also. Usually I heat them back up for a few days then try again until they do go down. It usually works.

Follow Ups:

[ Follow Ups ] [ The Chuckwalla Forum ]