kingsnake.com - reptile and amphibian classifieds, breeders, forums, photos, videos and more

return to main index

mobile - desktop
follow us on facebook follow us on twitter follow us on YouTube link to us on LinkedIn
International Reptile Conservation Foundation  
Click here for LLL Reptile & Supply
This Space Available
3 months for $50.00
Locate a business by name: click to list your business
search the classifieds. buy an account
events by zip code list an event
Search the forums             Search in:
News & Events: Herp Photo of the Day: Water Snake . . . . . . . . . .  Herp Photo of the Day: Desert Iguana . . . . . . . . . .  Calusa Herp Society Meeting - May 02, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  Southwestern Herp Society Meeting - May 04, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  Exotic Pets Expo - Manasas - May 05, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  Greater Cincinnati Herp Society Meeting - May 07, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  St. Louis Herpetological Society - May 12, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  Colorado Herp Society Meeting - May 18, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  Chicago Herpetological Society Meeting - May 19, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  San Diego Herp Society Meeting - May 21, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  Bay Area Herpetological Society Meeting - May 24, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  Suncoast Herp Society Meeting - May 25, 2024 . . . . . . . . . . 

Veiled Question

[ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ The Chameleon Forum ]

Posted by Vargas on April 27, 2003 at 01:49:57:

In Reply to: Veiled Question posted by charm_paradise on April 26, 2003 at 17:29:35:

First of all - sorry John.
>If this was done before and they are just double-checking then
>that is fine, and should
>have been noted in the post, it was not.

That is what I was wondering as I have made the same mistake myself. Asking a question sort of vague on a list when in reality I already had several answers but was just double checking.
I was on one list where this guy just blasted away at me for me making that very same mistake. We exchanged views in email and it was basically the same thing – he said you came off like you didn’t know anything, so he felt it was okay to be short and snap off a few lines. No biggie I guess. The guy was totally frustrated is why he came off the way he did, I didn’t get it. I wasn’t happy as I didn’t feel like hearing a snappy responce that day. But I don’t make that mistake anymore! I agree with everything you mentioned about being informed and prepared before taking any animal into your home. In fact I couldn't agree with you more.
I apologize – for what it’s worth - sorry for the unkindness.
Wish I didn't say a thing.
Steve

:Hi- Im sorry, but Who are you??? Any questions about housing and keeping a chameleon should be asked before you buy the animals, and evryone will agree with this. They said they just bought them, I am not being mean to them, but only stating the fact, that you need to research as much info before you buy, know what you are getting into, and know there needs. If this was done before and they are just double checking then that is fine, and should have been noted in the post, it was not. This is just a wast of time posting all these insults about what you think is wrong with what I said. There has been a lot of this, this week on this forum! If there is a problem, then you should not be the one replying, you did not ask the question! May be you will and I quote "head for the virtual door". I am soryy but this crap is just getting out of hand! This is in no way directed to Piglet106, but it is to vargas. Piglet106 I will be more then happy to answer your questions!

:John

:
::They didn't say they never looked at a care sheet or didn't read a book or get first hand information from a rep dealer. They said they wanted the best for their Chameleons. I think this type of response below is not of any use to the individual and comes off as sort of mean. If I was new I would head for the virtual door with a responce like that.But hey maybe its just me - being an over sensitive Northern California Guy! - yeah that's it.... Regards Steve

:::Hi-

:::There is a care sheet on kingsnake for Veiled's there is a link at the top of the page http://www.kingsnake.com/features.html You should have done your homework before buying the chameleons!

:::John

:::
::::I was wondering where I could find the best care sheet for veiled....I just got 2 females and want to make it good for them.....thanks....

::
::

:
:

Follow Ups:

[ Follow Ups ] [ The Chameleon Forum ]