kingsnake.com - reptile and amphibian classifieds, breeders, forums, photos, videos and more

return to main index

mobile - desktop
follow us on facebook follow us on twitter follow us on YouTube link to us on LinkedIn

Click here for LLL Reptile & Supply
Mice, Rats, Rabbits, Chicks, Quail
Available Now at RodentPro.com!
Locate a business by name: click to list your business
search the classifieds. buy an account
events by zip code list an event
Search the forums             Search in:
News & Events: Herp Photo of the Day: Happy Rattlesnake Friday! . . . . . . . . . .  Herp Photo of the Day: Pine Snake . . . . . . . . . .  Colorado Herp Society Meeting - May 18, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  Chicago Herpetological Society Meeting - May 19, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  San Diego Herp Society Meeting - May 21, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  Bay Area Herpetological Society Meeting - May 24, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  Suncoast Herp Society Meeting - May 25, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  DFW Herp Society Meeting - May 25, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  Tucson Herpetological Society Meeting - May 27, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  Southwestern Herp Society Meeting - June 01, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  Greater Cincinnati Herp Society Meeting - June 04, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  Calusa Herp Society Meeting - June 07, 2024 . . . . . . . . . . 

Been there, did this...

[ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ The Chameleon Forum ]

Posted by Chamkeeper on September 24, 2002 at 21:49:57:

In Reply to: Help me build this misting system posted by Jack31081 on September 23, 2002 at 20:33:21:

I fooled and fooled and fooled with a system similar to this for months. If you get enough pressure to run the nozzles (~15psi min.) your dripper will be a fire hydrant, if you pump the sprayer up enough to run the nozzles for an entire day, (which I don't think is possible,) you will empty the sprayer through the drippers in seconds. The only way to aviod this is to use pressure compensating drippers designed for drip irrigation. These are cheap but not terribly consistant.

The pump sprayers, because of their small volume, loose pressure quickly as the water is pumped out. I found that if I pumped the sprayer up high it would leak past the top seal. I mist 4 cages and drip 4 cages on and off throughout the day and use over 5 gallons of water per day. Finding a hand sprayer with enough volume may be another problem unless you are going to turn off the drippers too.

Here is a picture of the pressure compensating drippers I use, and a link to my site explaining how I mist and drip now.

Misting and Dripping

Follow Ups:

[ Follow Ups ] [ The Chameleon Forum ]