kingsnake.com - reptile and amphibian classifieds, breeders, forums, photos, videos and more

return to main index

mobile - desktop
follow us on facebook follow us on twitter follow us on YouTube link to us on LinkedIn
International Reptile Conservation Foundation  
click here for Rodent Pro
Mice, Rats, Rabbits, Chicks, Quail
Available Now at RodentPro.com!
Locate a business by name: click to list your business
search the classifieds. buy an account
events by zip code list an event
Search the forums             Search in:
News & Events: Herp Photo of the Day: Happy Rattlesnake Friday! . . . . . . . . . .  Herp Photo of the Day: Pine Snake . . . . . . . . . .  Colorado Herp Society Meeting - May 18, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  Chicago Herpetological Society Meeting - May 19, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  San Diego Herp Society Meeting - May 21, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  Bay Area Herpetological Society Meeting - May 24, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  Suncoast Herp Society Meeting - May 25, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  DFW Herp Society Meeting - May 25, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  Tucson Herpetological Society Meeting - May 27, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  Southwestern Herp Society Meeting - June 01, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  Greater Cincinnati Herp Society Meeting - June 04, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  Calusa Herp Society Meeting - June 07, 2024 . . . . . . . . . . 

Re: Help me build this misting system

[ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ The Chameleon Forum ]

Posted by ridgra1 on September 24, 2002 at 01:14:25:

In Reply to: Re: Help me build this misting system posted by johneod on September 23, 2002 at 20:57:54:

:I don’t believe your design will work that way. All the pressure you pump into the sprayer will shoot out the dripper unless you put some sort of solenoid in the middle. The best way is to use just a dripper that you can buy at any pet shop, and build the mister separate. They make gallon drippers that will go all day and more unless you have them drip really quickly. I built one of these garden sprayer systems based on the ones from barrs.com. The simplest way is to pick up a couple of water hose solenoid and a sprinkler timer and it will good. But I must say if I had known what I know now about this system, which is that it only good fro 1 days spraying or less then it needs to be filled/pumped. I would suggest just buying a system from one of the following. The cost would only be about 30 dollars more and allot less work.

:These guys make the rainmaker jr. they also sell just pumps and mister heads.
:http://www.cloudtops.com/misting_systems.htm

:These guys make Mr. Moisture
:http://www.wetworksms.com/

:These folks sell parts for the pump type you have in mind.
:http://www.barrs.com/mistpric.htm

:Good luck,
:Johneod

::I'm thinking about building an all-in-one misting/dripper system for my cham's cage. Above is a crude sketch of what I'd like to do. It consists of a garden sprayer, some kind of timer, a dripper nozzle, a few misting nozzles, and some tubing.

::When complete, this system will drip 24 hours a day (or less if i put it on a timer) and mist according to the schedule I put into the timer.

::I already have the misting nozzles and the dripper nozzle, but I need a garden sprayer, a timer of some sort, some tubing, and the tubing connectors.

::Here's where I need your help. What kind of timing device can I use so that I can mist the cage 3 times a day for 2 minutes?

::Also, where do I buy the tubing and connectors?

::Anything else you can help me with?

::
::Home Depot has a one gallon garden sprayer for $10 and also has all the fittings and hose for a good price. I bought the sprayer and refill with warm water to create a shower over my Jackson Chameleon nurseries and also shower my adult Jacksons. Much easier than the basic hand sprayer and the chams practically drink from the nozzle. I intended to do the same system you're doing however I rather enjoy watering them manually (I'll go automated when it becomes a chore!). Good luck, Rick.

:
:

Follow Ups:

[ Follow Ups ] [ The Chameleon Forum ]