kingsnake.com - reptile and amphibian classifieds, breeders, forums, photos, videos and more

return to main index

mobile - desktop
follow us on facebook follow us on twitter follow us on YouTube link to us on LinkedIn

click here for Rodent Pro
Mice, Rats, Rabbits, Chicks, Quail
Available Now at RodentPro.com!
Locate a business by name: click to list your business
search the classifieds. buy an account
events by zip code list an event
Search the forums             Search in:
News & Events: Herp Photo of the Day: Happy Rattlesnake Friday! . . . . . . . . . .  Herp Photo of the Day: Indigo . . . . . . . . . .  Suncoast Herp Society Meeting - Apr 20, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  DFW Herp Society Meeting - Apr 20, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  Colorado Herp Society Meeting - Apr 20, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  Chicago Herpetological Society Meeting - Apr 21, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  Bay Area Herpetological Society Meeting - Apr 26, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  Calusa Herp Society Meeting - May 02, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  Southwestern Herp Society Meeting - May 04, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  Exotic Pets Expo - Manasas - May 05, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  Greater Cincinnati Herp Society Meeting - May 07, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  St. Louis Herpetological Society - May 12, 2024 . . . . . . . . . . 

Well said. np

[ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ The Carpet and Diamond Python Forum ]

Posted by besiege on May 12, 2003 at 16:43:03:

In Reply to: What is with all the name calling below.... posted by Mayo on May 12, 2003 at 08:23:01:

:I rarely post here, but I enjoy reading what others have to say and seeing the pictures. As an "outsider" I do see how some people feel as if they are in charge. Everyone knows what I am talking about, you can see it by the posts and the responses to others. I can post a picture and not get one response (and I think they were pretty good) and others are simply worshiped. Truthfully that does not bother me the slightest, everyone has their ego trip from time to time.
:I thought the different views about the hybrids were quite interesting. I for one have never had any diamonds, though I have had crosses, and believe me I wish I had not. I will stick to my IJs for now. My opinion, which is simply that, is that if the US diamond population can not support itself, and new genetics can not be introduced, then that is the demise. Cross breeding does not increase the livelyhood of the species, just taints it. And if this diamond syndrome or whatever name it is referred by is real, then spreading to other "subspecies" could be a serious problem.
:SOrry to sound like a jackass. THis was not meant as any personal attack, I have none for anyone here. I will continue to frequent this forum. I guess the biggest problem for me is the whole "breed simply for profit". If you enjoy the animal, then enjoy it, don't just possess it to breed. My former roommates breed ball pythons. THe prices are so over inflated. People buy them, not because they want or like them, but to breed them and sell the offspring to people just like themselves. No one is in it for the animal, just the short term profits which in turn create way too many animals and really weakens the genetic diversity of the species. I see that in the turtle classifies, people selling RES as "perfect for 10 gallon tank". I actually email anyone I see who says that, because it is such false advertising.
:Before anyone brings back the personal attacks, as I am sure some will follow, know that this was not planned out or proofread, so mistakes, grammar problems, and misspelling are inevident.

:Take care and have fun with this beautiful creatures.
:Matt
:

Follow Ups:

[ Follow Ups ] [ The Carpet and Diamond Python Forum ]