kingsnake.com - reptile and amphibian classifieds, breeders, forums, photos, videos and more

return to main index

mobile - desktop
follow us on facebook follow us on twitter follow us on YouTube link to us on LinkedIn

click here for Rodent Pro
Mice, Rats, Rabbits, Chicks, Quail
Available Now at RodentPro.com!
Locate a business by name: click to list your business
search the classifieds. buy an account
events by zip code list an event
Search the forums             Search in:
News & Events: Herp Photo of the Day: Bearded Dragon . . . . . . . . . .  Tinley Reflections: An open letter from Mom . . . . . . . . . .  Greater Cincinnati Herp Society Meeting - Apr 02, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  Calusa Herp Society Meeting - Apr 04, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  Southwestern Herp Society Meeting - Apr 06, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  Hamburg Reptile Show - Apr. 13, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  St. Louis Herpetological Society - Apr 14, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  San Diego Herp Society Meeting - Apr 16, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  Suncoast Herp Society Meeting - Apr 20, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  DFW Herp Society Meeting - Apr 20, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  Colorado Herp Society Meeting - Apr 20, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  Chicago Herpetological Society Meeting - Apr 21, 2024 . . . . . . . . . . 

Adult carpet behaviors

[ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ The Carpet and Diamond Python Forum ]

Posted by tormato on May 10, 2003 at 23:21:47:

I bought an adult Coastal almost a half a month ago. She is very very sweet in temperament. She is 3 years old and about 6 and a half feet. She came with an 80gallon tank. Its a big tank, but kinda small for her size. Plans on building a new cage are becoming a reality. But I somtimes wonder...

Again, she is docile, but I wonder if a bigger cage would even matter? All she does is sit in her hide box. No matter what. Period bar none. She has no interest to explore, even at night. Once, I took the hidebox away for a night, and she explored her cage a little, and slept on her perch I put in. Then I put the box back in and she went back to it and stayed there for 2 days straight until I handled her and put her back in, and all she did was crawl back to her hide box anyway. Would this snake be complacent if I just gave it a little box to live in?! She doesnt seem stressed. Are some snakes just boring? Any info would help out. Thanks
john

Follow Ups:

[ Follow Ups ] [ The Carpet and Diamond Python Forum ]