Online/Stores/Expos - LLLReptile.com
News & Events:
Posted by DrDoolittle on May 07, 2003 at 09:27:46:
I'm about to embark on some cage construction and I have some questions floating in my head. Thinking about wood cages in the 4 to 6 foot wide range with front hinged doors for five different snakes.
1) Is plexiglass with hinges and latches secure enough for snakes or does it bend too much and allow a persistent, strong snake to squeeze through?
2) Is a wood framed door (glass or plex) more secure and worth the extra work?
3) All I've used so far are UTH's and various wattage lights to control temps. These cages will be much bigger - do I need to invest in radiant heat panels and thermostats?
4) If I go with a heat panel on the roof of the cage, do I still need a small UTH for belly heat(digestion)?
5) Melamine vs. wood? Wood is cheaper but needs to be stained/sealed to look nice.
Thanks for all the advice. Any tips not mentioned here would also be greatly appreciated!!