kingsnake.com - reptile and amphibian classifieds, breeders, forums, photos, videos and more

return to main index

mobile - desktop
follow us on facebook follow us on twitter follow us on YouTube link to us on LinkedIn

click here for Rodent Pro
This Space Available
3 months for $50.00
Locate a business by name: click to list your business
search the classifieds. buy an account
events by zip code list an event
Search the forums             Search in:
News & Events: Herp Photo of the Day: False Coral Snake . . . . . . . . . .  Herp Photo of the Day: Bearded Dragon . . . . . . . . . .  Greater Cincinnati Herp Society Meeting - Apr 02, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  Calusa Herp Society Meeting - Apr 04, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  Southwestern Herp Society Meeting - Apr 06, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  Hamburg Reptile Show - Apr. 13, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  St. Louis Herpetological Society - Apr 14, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  San Diego Herp Society Meeting - Apr 16, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  Suncoast Herp Society Meeting - Apr 20, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  DFW Herp Society Meeting - Apr 20, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  Colorado Herp Society Meeting - Apr 20, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  Chicago Herpetological Society Meeting - Apr 21, 2024 . . . . . . . . . . 

Ahhhh.... did not catch that...

[ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ The Caging Forum ]

Posted by markj on May 05, 2003 at 18:38:56:

In Reply to: Ahhhh.... did not catch that... posted by chris_harper2 on May 05, 2003 at 16:13:40:

Yeah, I tried to hide the false bottom look because I don't find it very attractive. I also didn't want to have to cut the eggcrate in a curved shape for the front of the tank, so it is practical and I really like the look of it. Also the soil does slope towards the back where most the plants are planted so they have a little more soil. After putting down the false bottom I put a layer of window screening down that I secured to the front bottom glass so that no frogs could get lodged underneath the false bottom. On top of that I put a layer of activated gardening charcoal to help keep the soil fresh and fliter the water going straight to the water. Then another layer of screen then my dirt mix which is peat moss, sand, green moss, charcoal, leaves, orchid bark, and eco earth. This created a very nice light soil that also drains but holds water well. The intake of the Fluval 104 is hidden behind the background on the left, it pulls the water out to the side of the tank where it is filtered. It is then returned in a modified output nozzle hidden behind the background again underneath the false bottom. The frogs that I plan on housing in here will be 3 Dendrobates Azureus, the blue ones. And 1 or 2 Phyllobates Terribilis. This mix of frogs has been reccommended to me by a few breeders and other froggers so I think it will do will. I might add a computer fan to the back so that the glass won't fog up as easily. Oh, and I will add a single tetra or other fish that is native to the frogs home streams. See ya
Mark Jemison

Follow Ups:

[ Follow Ups ] [ The Caging Forum ]