mobile - desktop
Available Now at New York Worms!
News & Events:
Posted by BeniciaBrian on April 25, 2003 at 00:11:16:
In Reply to: My two drawer snake cage. posted by BeniciaBrian on April 23, 2003 at 21:43:36:
I made this thing myself from scratch. I started with a 4X8' sheet of 3/4" birch plywood for the main cabinet and drawer sides. And a little bit of 1/2" plywood for the drawer backs and bottoms. The drawer fronts are birch frames with a groove routered inside for the 1/4" glass plates. This thing took my from Oct 2002 to March 2003 to complete. Working on and off. Total cost was expensive: around $300. Price wasn't a concern with me when I started. I just wanted to see if I could put this together and make it work.
The top screens and doors are butt joint frames with splines for a little added strength. The inside is finished with several coats of polyurethane.