kingsnake.com - reptile and amphibian classifieds, breeders, forums, photos, videos and more

return to main index

mobile - desktop
follow us on facebook follow us on twitter follow us on YouTube link to us on LinkedIn
International Reptile Conservation Foundation  
click here for Rodent Pro
This Space Available
3 months for $50.00
Locate a business by name: click to list your business
search the classifieds. buy an account
events by zip code list an event
Search the forums             Search in:
News & Events: Herp Photo of the Day: Happy Rattlesnake Friday! . . . . . . . . . .  Herp Photo of the Day: Indigo . . . . . . . . . .  Suncoast Herp Society Meeting - Apr 20, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  DFW Herp Society Meeting - Apr 20, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  Colorado Herp Society Meeting - Apr 20, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  Chicago Herpetological Society Meeting - Apr 21, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  Bay Area Herpetological Society Meeting - Apr 26, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  Calusa Herp Society Meeting - May 02, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  Southwestern Herp Society Meeting - May 04, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  Exotic Pets Expo - Manasas - May 05, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  Greater Cincinnati Herp Society Meeting - May 07, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  St. Louis Herpetological Society - May 12, 2024 . . . . . . . . . . 

Anyone using Vision V221 cages & stacking them??

[ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ The Caging Forum ]

Posted by markg on April 24, 2003 at 17:56:23:

In Reply to: Anyone using Vision V221 cages & stacking them?? posted by tcdrover on April 24, 2003 at 11:27:20:

I had 3 stacked, used for boas. Here is what I did - hope you can follow:

I used 11-inch-wide heat tape and had about a 10ft length or so. Take the bottom cage and flip it over. Tape (use aluminum foil tape) the Flexwatt across the bottom from left to right. On the parts of the cage bottom where the flexwatt isn't, I put down some of that foamy shelf liner that you can buy in any store (looks like foam rubber mesh). This is so the cage weight doesn't rest on the flexwatt only. Now flip the cage right-side up. You should have the bottom cage with the Flexwatt under it and lots of flexwatt slack on one side.

Run the Flewatt up the side of the cage and across the top. Use tape to form it over the two ridges on top of the cage. On those ridges that are not covered by Flexwatt, put down thin adhesive felt or else more of the shelf liner stuff. This is so the next cage on the stack doesn't rest totally on the Flexwatt alone. Stack on the next cage. Run the Flexwatt up the side and across the top just like you did on top of the lower cage. Repeat for the next cage.

Now you have a heated stack of cages with one continuous length of Flexwatt. I did this for boas so I wanted alot of the cage area to be heated. The Flexwatt up the sides also helped. To maximize the heat retention of the heat tape on the sides of the cages, tape 1/2" styrene foam panels to the sides over the Flexwatt.

This was easy and worked great for my young boas. It isn't the only way to do it, just the way I did it. One plug, one controller, three heated cages. I hope this made sense to you.

Follow Ups:

[ Follow Ups ] [ The Caging Forum ]