kingsnake.com - reptile and amphibian classifieds, breeders, forums, photos, videos and more

return to main index

mobile - desktop
follow us on facebook follow us on twitter follow us on YouTube link to us on LinkedIn
International Reptile Conservation Foundation  
click here for Rodent Pro
Mice, Rats, Rabbits, Chicks, Quail
Available Now at RodentPro.com!
Locate a business by name: click to list your business
search the classifieds. buy an account
events by zip code list an event
Search the forums             Search in:
News & Events: Herp Photo of the Day: Indigo . . . . . . . . . .  Herp Photo of the Day: Gopher Snake . . . . . . . . . .  Suncoast Herp Society Meeting - Apr 20, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  DFW Herp Society Meeting - Apr 20, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  Colorado Herp Society Meeting - Apr 20, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  Chicago Herpetological Society Meeting - Apr 21, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  Bay Area Herpetological Society Meeting - Apr 26, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  Calusa Herp Society Meeting - May 02, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  Southwestern Herp Society Meeting - May 04, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  Exotic Pets Expo - Manasas - May 05, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  Greater Cincinnati Herp Society Meeting - May 07, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  St. Louis Herpetological Society - May 12, 2024 . . . . . . . . . . 

Anyone with experience with Natures Spirit & Boaphile Racks?

[ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ The Caging Forum ]

Posted by markg on April 23, 2003 at 11:58:53:

In Reply to: Anyone with experience with Natures Spirit & Boaphile Racks? posted by peterfromme on April 21, 2003 at 17:10:57:

Unfortunately I don't have any experience with Nature's Spirit racks, but I have seen the Boaphile racks in person, and I have Boaphile cages.

Both manufacturers use the same material. It is expanded foam PVC, approx .25" thick or close to that. The material holds and conducts heat very well, making it ideal for exotic animals because of its insulatory properties. The material is not really rigid and does flex quite a bit, but that doesn't hurt anything really. The boxes still slide in and out easily.

One of the nicest things about this stuff in a rack is that you can run Flexwatt down the back of the unit, and the heat will conduct onto the shelves a little too. A little heat goes a long way.

The Boaphile racks have a very durable Flexwatt product sealed into the back wall. This makes the rack interior totally resistant to water spillage or spray. With NS, you see the exposed Flexwatt running down the inside back wall.

That is all I know. I've seen Boaphile racks and I like them for boas/pythons.

Another rack manufacturer is BARRS (www.herpcages.com). I have some of their racks, and I am really impressed with them. Their design is innovative, with 4" Flexwatt (you must provide it) running through the horizontal shelves, hidden from view and moisture. The only exposed Flexwatt is on the outsides where it is threaded through the shelves.) I really like these racks for colubrids and/or boas/pythons. The matierial is white HDPS (high-density polystyrene) and the shelves are very rigid.

Lastly, the finest in the business.. Habitat Systems. You just need to cut off your arm to pay for them, but if you can, they are awesome. That material is hollow-core PVC panel but looks like thick melamine from a distance (but far far lighter in weight yet incredibly strong.)

Follow Ups:

[ Follow Ups ] [ The Caging Forum ]