kingsnake.com - reptile and amphibian classifieds, breeders, forums, photos, videos and more

return to main index

mobile - desktop
follow us on facebook follow us on twitter follow us on YouTube link to us on LinkedIn
Southwestern Center for Herpetological Research  
Click here for LLL Reptile & Supply
This Space Available
3 months for $50.00
Locate a business by name: click to list your business
search the classifieds. buy an account
events by zip code list an event
Search the forums             Search in:
News & Events: Herp Photo of the Day: Fence Lizard . . . . . . . . . .  Herp Photo of the Day: Kingsnake . . . . . . . . . .  Bay Area Herpetological Society Meeting - Apr 26, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  Calusa Herp Society Meeting - May 02, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  Southwestern Herp Society Meeting - May 04, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  Exotic Pets Expo - Manasas - May 05, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  Greater Cincinnati Herp Society Meeting - May 07, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  St. Louis Herpetological Society - May 12, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  Colorado Herp Society Meeting - May 18, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  Chicago Herpetological Society Meeting - May 19, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  San Diego Herp Society Meeting - May 21, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  Bay Area Herpetological Society Meeting - May 24, 2024 . . . . . . . . . . 

LOOK!!!!

[ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ The Burmese Python Forum ]

Posted by patricg on April 25, 2003 at 12:25:49:

In Reply to: LOOK!!!! posted by bom on April 23, 2003 at 08:29:42:

We would need to see a pic of her entire body to determine if she is at a healthy weight. Nice pic though. Getting out for some sun hey. I kind of live in the country and my nextdoor neighbor has chickens. Man, I never seen a 12 ft burm move so fast towards them chicken. Those big guys can really motor when they want to. Have you increased the size of the prey proportianately to the growth of the snake? As long as you keep trying to keep the food items about as big around as the widest part of the snake it should be plenty of food. Also, if smaller items are all you can get, feeding two feed items at a time is okay. But, 1 year, and 6 feet for a female, sounds about like my girl's growth rate. As far as weight, I am not sure, someone else on here will have to help with that one.

:hey!!! just got this pic developed....
:this is my burm....her name is F5
:she'll be 1 y/o this july...
:she's noe 5.5ft and about 7lbs
:is she big enough for her age?
:i feed her once a week.
:what do you think about her? and the pic too....?
:please let me know...OK?

Follow Ups:

[ Follow Ups ] [ The Burmese Python Forum ]