kingsnake.com - reptile and amphibian classifieds, breeders, forums, photos, videos and more

return to main index

mobile - desktop
follow us on facebook follow us on twitter follow us on YouTube link to us on LinkedIn

click here for Rodent Pro
Mice, Rats, Rabbits, Chicks, Quail
Available Now at RodentPro.com!
Locate a business by name: click to list your business
search the classifieds. buy an account
events by zip code list an event
Search the forums             Search in:
News & Events: Herp Photo of the Day: Gopher Snake . . . . . . . . . .  Herp Photo of the Day: Snake . . . . . . . . . .  Suncoast Herp Society Meeting - Apr 20, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  DFW Herp Society Meeting - Apr 20, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  Colorado Herp Society Meeting - Apr 20, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  Chicago Herpetological Society Meeting - Apr 21, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  Bay Area Herpetological Society Meeting - Apr 26, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  Calusa Herp Society Meeting - May 02, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  Southwestern Herp Society Meeting - May 04, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  Exotic Pets Expo - Manasas - May 05, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  Greater Cincinnati Herp Society Meeting - May 07, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  St. Louis Herpetological Society - May 12, 2024 . . . . . . . . . . 

Re: A front view of the cage

[ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ The Burmese Python Forum ]

Posted by Bezzerra on April 21, 2003 at 12:46:29:

In Reply to: Re: A front view of the cage posted by JDP on April 21, 2003 at 10:40:58:

We are planning on building her a bigger cage when she outgrows this one and letting our boa make this one her home after that. This cage measures 6' long 4' high and 2'wide. What size would you suggest for Jade's permanent home? We are not going to power feed her so I hope she won't be getting obese like some of the other ones I have seen.

She is 2 years old and about 6 feet long right now. How long does a burmese's growth spurt last? I know they continue to grow all their life but don't they slow done a bit after a while? Just some things I was thinking about today.....
--------------------
:Very nice looking cage. I would caution you to remember when building cages for burms (especially females) that they will be outgrown very quickly. It is always a good idea to build bigger than necessary. The reason I say this is that Jade could very well outgrow that cage in 6 months to a year. You don't want to have to build a new cage every year do ya?

::Here is what it looks like with the doors closed.

::
::

:
:

Follow Ups:

[ Follow Ups ] [ The Burmese Python Forum ]