kingsnake.com - reptile and amphibian classifieds, breeders, forums, photos, videos and more

return to main index

mobile - desktop
follow us on facebook follow us on twitter follow us on YouTube link to us on LinkedIn
Southwestern Center for Herpetological Research  
click here for Rodent Pro
Mice, Rats, Rabbits, Chicks, Quail
Available Now at RodentPro.com!
Locate a business by name: click to list your business
search the classifieds. buy an account
events by zip code list an event
Search the forums             Search in:
News & Events: Herp Photo of the Day: False Coral Snake . . . . . . . . . .  Herp Photo of the Day: Bearded Dragon . . . . . . . . . .  Greater Cincinnati Herp Society Meeting - Apr 02, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  Calusa Herp Society Meeting - Apr 04, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  Southwestern Herp Society Meeting - Apr 06, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  Hamburg Reptile Show - Apr. 13, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  St. Louis Herpetological Society - Apr 14, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  San Diego Herp Society Meeting - Apr 16, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  Suncoast Herp Society Meeting - Apr 20, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  DFW Herp Society Meeting - Apr 20, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  Colorado Herp Society Meeting - Apr 20, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  Chicago Herpetological Society Meeting - Apr 21, 2024 . . . . . . . . . . 

Re: Het for Albino value??????

[ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ The Burmese Python Forum ]

Posted by prestigiousdesig on April 17, 2003 at 21:29:40:

In Reply to: Re: Het for Albino value?????? posted by hades-raptor on April 17, 2003 at 21:16:51:

:I guess I'm just biased on my opinion.. having delt with several abused, mistreated and un-wanted burms.. mostly being albinos. THe general public thinks the albinos are "super rare!" and "amazing" so they buy those.. and get rid of them later. So breeders breed the albinos, knowing people will want them and buy them. But overall reduces the market value when they are dumped in shelters everywhere.

:Not always the case I know. Some people can and do sell hets and albinos for what they are worth, nothing wrong with it. And I LOVE how affordable they are! $100 for two hets and I could have my own little breeding project, good for beginners and stuff like me :D

:I'm just saying.. a het for albino isn't worth that much (compared to other morphs and types of snakes)

:-Randilyn
:*ramble*

::Not to be a dick but that is one of the most ignorant things I've heard on this forum: "So really, albino burms are popular, and not worth much of anything anymore.. and same goes for the hets."

::I bred close to 300 albino burms this year and have never had a problem worrying about their value...I wouldn't advocate their worth as tarnished but in fact perfectly affordable.

::Hets sell for between 50-100 depending on seller. Although competing with albinos priced at $100 is hard to do.

::The girl pictured dropped 86 surviving het. All of them sold for $50

:
:
Yea, unfortunatly people buy them and mistreat them...
these are the same people who are having kids who at age three are running around half naked in the streets for cars to hit. The man up stairs will deal with them all in the end.
PEACE!

Follow Ups:

[ Follow Ups ] [ The Burmese Python Forum ]