kingsnake.com - reptile and amphibian classifieds, breeders, forums, photos, videos and more

return to main index

mobile - desktop
follow us on facebook follow us on twitter follow us on YouTube link to us on LinkedIn
International Reptile Conservation Foundation  
click here for Rodent Pro
This Space Available
3 months for $50.00
Locate a business by name: click to list your business
search the classifieds. buy an account
events by zip code list an event
Search the forums             Search in:
News & Events: Herp Photo of the Day: Indigo . . . . . . . . . .  Herp Photo of the Day: Gopher Snake . . . . . . . . . .  Suncoast Herp Society Meeting - Apr 20, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  DFW Herp Society Meeting - Apr 20, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  Colorado Herp Society Meeting - Apr 20, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  Chicago Herpetological Society Meeting - Apr 21, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  Bay Area Herpetological Society Meeting - Apr 26, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  Calusa Herp Society Meeting - May 02, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  Southwestern Herp Society Meeting - May 04, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  Exotic Pets Expo - Manasas - May 05, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  Greater Cincinnati Herp Society Meeting - May 07, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  St. Louis Herpetological Society - May 12, 2024 . . . . . . . . . . 

You're in the third phase of addiction Gregg . .>

[ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ The Bull, Pine, and Gopher Snake Forum ]

Posted by terryp on April 14, 2003 at 15:19:01:

In Reply to: Re: I have browsed your web site numerous . . .> posted by gofer on April 14, 2003 at 13:48:45:

The snake room just never seems to be big enough. LOL.

:Hello Terry,
: I love my basements here in PA, usually cool, dark and quiet to work in. I actually lived in my parents basement and thats probably why i am so happy working in them and why i just had to have a house with one. It's not going to be big enough though after this year, lol. I have three other rooms i can use, but they need a lot of work first (i use one for the hibernaculum). Heat, lighting, electric in general, then cleaning them up and putting a fwe finishing touches on them. I thought about working on one this past weekend, but opted to ride the Mt. bike due to the nice weather we finally had here in PA. Saw some turtles and egg masses that day, so it was a good day. No snakes out though. I'll be sure to post pics on my site of the other rooms if i dare start working on them.
:Have a good one,
:Gregg F.

::times Gregg. I had your basement pics in the back of my mind when I was typing the post. LOL. I also thought of the pics Russell posted of John Meltzer's serpenterium. There aren't many basements in Bakersfield where I am, so a few herpers improvise by using the current laundryroom temporarily while they build (supposedly at times) that snake room. LOL

:::That is one main thing i looked at too. My basement was very dirty and not very nice at first. I cleaned it up, framed up some new walls, new concrete, paint, and a long time scrubbing, painting and staining the ceiling (it's neat logs with the old wooden flooring showing). I also decided to do some insulating and installed a door to keep the temps from fluctuating a lot. I'll post some pics of before and after, you can see a ton of them on my site. I just found it funny that you mentioned basements and people looking for snake rooms when buying a house. OLD pics
:::
:::Next house I buy my wife wants a larger yard, for a seperate snake building, LOL. New pics
:::There are a few more, but i can't seem to locate them, but i know there on my site too.
:::Have a good one,
:::Gregg F.

::::of addiction when you catch yourself looking at houses in terms of possible snake rooms. LOL. I'm just kidding Billy. I know that's not the priority, but can you see the possibilities? I know 2 people who recently moved who were looking at the basement being converted to a serpenterium when they first saw the house. Basements and laundryrooms seem to be a good room for conversion. How long can we go without clean clothes in order to have a serpenterium? LOL. My hat is off to all our spouses or people you date who put up with the things we do. Good luck

:::::Terry,

:::::Tell me about it!!! LOL! My collection grew after getting hooked up on this forum. Russell ( nodaksnakelover ) put some pics up of Meltzer's n.pines. I got in contact with Meltzer and picked up a killer male the following year in Daytona in 2001. Since then, the pits in my collection grew and grew. I now have 13 out of 25. This forum has served its purpose and much more, being able to exchange info and hang " online " with cool pit bros such as yourself.

:::::We were looking at houses yesterday. If we get one, that may raise the chance up for me to breed pits. Right now, I wouldn't have the room I would desire to do that.

:::::Take care!
:::::billy

:::::

::::::I don't know if there's a cure, but you CANNOT look at this forum without the snakes in your collection increasing in quatity. Del Alspaw and I are partners and he keeps the Pits and I keep the Elaphe. It takes alot of self discipline not to committ to several of the snakes I see on this forum. I already think I failed because I will probably be contacting John Cherry soon on his locality yellow Texas Bulls he produces. Good luck

:::::::They are awsom capes,don't get my hands itching again.All the little ones are doing just great.Keep me updated on the capes,THANKS,JIM

::::::
::::::

::::

:
: