kingsnake.com - reptile and amphibian classifieds, breeders, forums, photos, videos and more

return to main index

mobile - desktop
follow us on facebook follow us on twitter follow us on YouTube link to us on LinkedIn
Southwestern Center for Herpetological Research  
click here for Rodent Pro
This Space Available
3 months for $50.00
Locate a business by name: click to list your business
search the classifieds. buy an account
events by zip code list an event
Search the forums             Search in:
News & Events: Herp Photo of the Day: Bearded Dragon . . . . . . . . . .  Tinley Reflections: An open letter from Mom . . . . . . . . . .  Greater Cincinnati Herp Society Meeting - Apr 02, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  Calusa Herp Society Meeting - Apr 04, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  Southwestern Herp Society Meeting - Apr 06, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  Hamburg Reptile Show - Apr. 13, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  St. Louis Herpetological Society - Apr 14, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  San Diego Herp Society Meeting - Apr 16, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  Suncoast Herp Society Meeting - Apr 20, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  DFW Herp Society Meeting - Apr 20, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  Colorado Herp Society Meeting - Apr 20, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  Chicago Herpetological Society Meeting - Apr 21, 2024 . . . . . . . . . . 

Re: That's a Northern! more...

[ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ The Bull, Pine, and Gopher Snake Forum ]

Posted by RJ Reptiles on April 02, 2003 at 12:36:36:

In Reply to: That's a Northern! more... posted by nodaksnakelover on April 02, 2003 at 11:22:50:

:That's my big girl's baby pic. She comes from John Meltzer who's original stock comes from animals out of the New Jersey Pine Barrens. Her mother is a darker animal, and that is who she takes after. Her father is a high white black and white pine. Here's a more recent photo.
:Enjoy!
Hey Russ,
You beat me to it. If that isn't a Northern Pine I don't know what is! I guess he hasn't seen enough locality northerns to know the difference. Take care. John Meltzer
:
::Do you have any locale info or anything? That looks like a really crowded pattern for a northern. Coloration too.

::

::As I was quickly reading through the posts on what to use for incubation. I thought, what other clues is she going to give that she's about to lay? Or, are pines variable? See, today she didn't eat. And there was no breeding action last week, so the male is out of the breeding cage, back in his own cage and ate for the first time since he got in his breeding fast. Will she go into a shed first before she lays these eggs? I'm assuming the forming eggs are taking up all the room she's got so that is why she didn't eat today. Would like to know your thoughts on all this. Thank you!
:::Russell Keys
:::

:
:

Follow Ups:

[ Follow Ups ] [ The Bull, Pine, and Gopher Snake Forum ]