kingsnake.com - reptile and amphibian classifieds, breeders, forums, photos, videos and more

return to main index

mobile - desktop
follow us on facebook follow us on twitter follow us on YouTube link to us on LinkedIn
International Reptile Conservation Foundation  
click here for Rodent Pro
This Space Available
3 months for $50.00
Locate a business by name: click to list your business
search the classifieds. buy an account
events by zip code list an event
Search the forums             Search in:
News & Events: Herp Photo of the Day: Bearded Dragon . . . . . . . . . .  Tinley Reflections: An open letter from Mom . . . . . . . . . .  Greater Cincinnati Herp Society Meeting - Apr 02, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  Calusa Herp Society Meeting - Apr 04, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  Southwestern Herp Society Meeting - Apr 06, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  Hamburg Reptile Show - Apr. 13, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  St. Louis Herpetological Society - Apr 14, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  San Diego Herp Society Meeting - Apr 16, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  Suncoast Herp Society Meeting - Apr 20, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  DFW Herp Society Meeting - Apr 20, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  Colorado Herp Society Meeting - Apr 20, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  Chicago Herpetological Society Meeting - Apr 21, 2024 . . . . . . . . . . 

Re: Great pic! I'll announce it when eggs are laid! more..

[ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ The Bull, Pine, and Gopher Snake Forum ]

Posted by gofer on April 02, 2003 at 07:23:25:

In Reply to: Great pic! I'll announce it when eggs are laid! more.. posted by nodaksnakelover on April 01, 2003 at 13:53:35:

Thanks for the nice comments Russell. Please e-mail me when the eggs are laid so we can talk about me picking a pair up! Good luck,
Gregg F.

:I'll certainly post when eggs are laid. Poor girl is SO swollen! Last two weeks she ate but the male of course wouldn't, so she got to have his rat, thus two rats each feeding the last couple weeks. However, today she didn't want to eat the rat. And he didn't breed her last week, no interest, so the breeding part is over, and the male ate this week. So, getting real close!
:Russell

::It took me a while to find the right one, I loved seeing that little Blizzard pop out, I hope to see a few more this year. Thanks for the nice Northern pics, please post more as you get them. Have a good day,
::Gregg F.

::

:::Hello Russell,
::: So I still have a shot at getting a pair of those great looking Northerns i see. I don't have a lot of experience with incubating eggs, but i have used perlite very succesfully. I put in plenty of perlite and then you can add water until you see a small layer in the bottom of the container. I used small rubbermaids and put in a good bit of perlite so i could have about an inch or less of standing water. I hatched 12/12 corn eggs and 8/10 Sonorans (other two just went bad), and 43/43 Veiled Chameleon eggs this way last year. I thought about using vermiculite, but will probaly stick with what worked for me best last year. My advice is use what you are most comfortable with. Have a good one, and please let me know when those babies are ready!
:::Gregg F.

:::
::::Hello gang!
::::Was in Wal Mart today and found they had green moss, peat moss, and perlite. Vermiculite, which is what I hatched my corns in the last couple years was not to be found. Was wondering what if any experiences you guys have with any of these three mediums for incubation. My girl is getting close to egg laying time!
::::Russell Keys
::::

:
:

Follow Ups:

[ Follow Ups ] [ The Bull, Pine, and Gopher Snake Forum ]