kingsnake.com - reptile and amphibian classifieds, breeders, forums, photos, videos and more

return to main index

mobile - desktop
follow us on facebook follow us on twitter follow us on YouTube link to us on LinkedIn
Southwestern Center for Herpetological Research  
Click here for LLL Reptile & Supply
Mice, Rats, Rabbits, Chicks, Quail
Available Now at RodentPro.com!
Locate a business by name: click to list your business
search the classifieds. buy an account
events by zip code list an event
Search the forums             Search in:
News & Events: Herp Photo of the Day: Happy Rattlesnake Friday! . . . . . . . . . .  Herp Photo of the Day: Indigo . . . . . . . . . .  Suncoast Herp Society Meeting - Apr 20, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  DFW Herp Society Meeting - Apr 20, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  Colorado Herp Society Meeting - Apr 20, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  Chicago Herpetological Society Meeting - Apr 21, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  Bay Area Herpetological Society Meeting - Apr 26, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  Calusa Herp Society Meeting - May 02, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  Southwestern Herp Society Meeting - May 04, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  Exotic Pets Expo - Manasas - May 05, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  Greater Cincinnati Herp Society Meeting - May 07, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  St. Louis Herpetological Society - May 12, 2024 . . . . . . . . . . 

Re: gosh..ya know..

[ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ The Bull, Pine, and Gopher Snake Forum ]

Posted by gofer on March 07, 2003 at 23:52:13:

In Reply to: gosh..ya know.. posted by nodaksnakelover on March 07, 2003 at 15:33:41:

I can see where you don't like the term "newspaper." I actually have never heard that term before it was used a few weeks ago on the forum. Oh well, maybe someday one of us will come up with a great nick-name for the really black/white pines. Keep me updated on those guys, i'm looking forward to a pair or two this summer! HAve a good weekend Russell,

Gregg F.

:the name newspaper pine just doesn't appeal to me somehow for such a wonderful strain of Pines! But really though, in my case, just the males are so nice black and white, though also the younger female is too. Where the older female, certainly still a black and white high contrast pine does have a bit of peach to red wash in the front part of her face, as well as some red brown spots in between some of the black blotches in the back third of her body. Which, to me just adds to the beauty of that snake, as she is out of the four my favorite. I know she isn't the most white, but...I guess I just love her personality. When I first got her all she wanted to do was hiss and strike. I of course loved it, and as time went on she of course grew out of it and is very laid back. If you surprise her she will give out a little hiss but nothing like when she was a baby. I'll never forget kneeling over two buckets, a clutch of pines in each from two diff sets of parents. One darker group, and one lighter group. I wish in the worst way now that I took a pair of each clutch rather than just one from each. Anyhow, imagine looking down on a mess of baby pines just days old and all are looking right back at you, mouths wide open and hissing away! Cute! And here's a pic of my big girl as a baby, doing what she did best back then.
:Russell Keys

:
::"newspaper pines"? Keep me in mind for those babies!
::HAve a good weekend Russell, and thanks again for the great pics.
::Gregg F.

:::Hello gang!
:::Just thought I'd share a picture of one of John Meltzer's Northern Pine snakes. This picture was taken in the mid to late 90s so this animal I'm assuming isn't with us anymore, but a relative at least of my babies. I don't recognize this one as a parent of my older two but maybe John recognizes which one this is? Anyhow, enjoy the picture!
:::Russell Keys
:::

::
::

:
:

Follow Ups:

[ Follow Ups ] [ The Bull, Pine, and Gopher Snake Forum ]