kingsnake.com - reptile and amphibian classifieds, breeders, forums, photos, videos and more

return to main index

mobile - desktop
follow us on facebook follow us on twitter follow us on YouTube link to us on LinkedIn
International Reptile Conservation Foundation  
Click here for LLL Reptile & Supply
Mice, Rats, Rabbits, Chicks, Quail
Available Now at RodentPro.com!
Locate a business by name: click to list your business
search the classifieds. buy an account
events by zip code list an event
Search the forums             Search in:
News & Events: Herp Photo of the Day: Indigo . . . . . . . . . .  Herp Photo of the Day: Gopher Snake . . . . . . . . . .  Suncoast Herp Society Meeting - Apr 20, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  DFW Herp Society Meeting - Apr 20, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  Colorado Herp Society Meeting - Apr 20, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  Chicago Herpetological Society Meeting - Apr 21, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  Bay Area Herpetological Society Meeting - Apr 26, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  Calusa Herp Society Meeting - May 02, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  Southwestern Herp Society Meeting - May 04, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  Exotic Pets Expo - Manasas - May 05, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  Greater Cincinnati Herp Society Meeting - May 07, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  St. Louis Herpetological Society - May 12, 2024 . . . . . . . . . . 

Re: I agree...don't try to force him to come out...give him ...

[ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ The Beginner Snake Forum ]

Posted by snakeguy88 on April 13, 2003 at 20:09:09:

In Reply to: I agree...don't try to force him to come out...give him ... posted by duffy on April 13, 2003 at 13:19:41:

I have an exactly parallel situation. I keep Nerodia (water snakes...foul but cute little guys lol). I have a 75 gallon tank that I am filling with different blotched watersnakes, two small enough to squeeze into spots where you wouldnt think of them being able to get. I have an aquarium "hide box" that was used for the frogs I used to have (Xenopus) and kept it in there as it made a nice little hide for the snakes. Well it is made of hollowed out plastic with two small holes for air release. I thought the snakes had escaped as I tore the cage apart and it was not until I looked during the middle of the night that I found the snakes coming out of the hole. Quite disconcerting, but it put my mind at ease. They came out to eat the fish I had left for them...so luring the snake out might be a feasible idea. Snakes function like this...when they are full, they pretty much just want to digest their food and after they digest their food completely, they go look for more. Good luck and just give him a little time. Andy

Follow Ups:

[ Follow Ups ] [ The Beginner Snake Forum ]