kingsnake.com - reptile and amphibian classifieds, breeders, forums, photos, videos and more

return to main index

mobile - desktop
follow us on facebook follow us on twitter follow us on YouTube link to us on LinkedIn

Click here for LLL Reptile & Supply
This Space Available
3 months for $50.00
Locate a business by name: click to list your business
search the classifieds. buy an account
events by zip code list an event
Search the forums             Search in:
News & Events: Herp Photo of the Day: Happy Earth Day . . . . . . . . . .  Herp Photo of the Day: Happy Rattlesnake Friday! . . . . . . . . . .  Bay Area Herpetological Society Meeting - Apr 26, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  Calusa Herp Society Meeting - May 02, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  Southwestern Herp Society Meeting - May 04, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  Exotic Pets Expo - Manasas - May 05, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  Greater Cincinnati Herp Society Meeting - May 07, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  St. Louis Herpetological Society - May 12, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  Colorado Herp Society Meeting - May 18, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  Chicago Herpetological Society Meeting - May 19, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  San Diego Herp Society Meeting - May 21, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  Bay Area Herpetological Society Meeting - May 24, 2024 . . . . . . . . . . 

Box Turtle Pen Picture

[ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ The Box Turtle Forum ]

Posted by rnrlesnar on May 02, 2003 at 12:31:18:

In Reply to: Box Turtle Pen Picture posted by JJ on May 01, 2003 at 19:18:37:

:what kind of worms do you feed the babies? also what substrate do you keep the babies on? lastly, are all the adults three toeds too? I have 8 adults three toeds and get plenty of eggs.
:JJ
:

The worms I feed the babies either come from the yard, or a local bait shop where I get most of the worms. It's just $2.00 for a container of them which last about a week. For substrate, I use plain top soil and some ground up leaves from the yard. It's plain top soil from Loews. I'm honestly not sure if all the adults are 3 toed. I have one that is much larger than all the others, and her babies are nearly twice as big as the other babies right now. The majority of them are three toed though. Most of my adults were found on the highway or in my yard. It's not safe around here anymore for them because of all the newly developed subdivisions.

Follow Ups:

[ Follow Ups ] [ The Box Turtle Forum ]