kingsnake.com - reptile and amphibian classifieds, breeders, forums, photos, videos and more

return to main index

mobile - desktop
follow us on facebook follow us on twitter follow us on YouTube link to us on LinkedIn
Click here for LLL Reptile & Supply  
click here for Rodent Pro
This Space Available
3 months for $50.00
Locate a business by name: click to list your business
search the classifieds. buy an account
events by zip code list an event
Search the forums             Search in:
News & Events: Herp Photo of the Day: Bearded Dragon . . . . . . . . . .  Tinley Reflections: An open letter from Mom . . . . . . . . . .  Greater Cincinnati Herp Society Meeting - Apr 02, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  Calusa Herp Society Meeting - Apr 04, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  Southwestern Herp Society Meeting - Apr 06, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  Hamburg Reptile Show - Apr. 13, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  St. Louis Herpetological Society - Apr 14, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  San Diego Herp Society Meeting - Apr 16, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  Suncoast Herp Society Meeting - Apr 20, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  DFW Herp Society Meeting - Apr 20, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  Colorado Herp Society Meeting - Apr 20, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  Chicago Herpetological Society Meeting - Apr 21, 2024 . . . . . . . . . . 

..also has light brown shell, sry but keep finding more info

[ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ The Box Turtle Forum ]

Posted by DMeyer20 on April 29, 2003 at 04:06:04:

In Reply to: NEED HELP.................Very Bad!!!!!!!! posted by DMeyer20 on April 29, 2003 at 03:40:37:

:Ok, this might be a bit long and im sry but heregoes. I am strickly into boas but my new roomate has a turtle. He has had the thing for 15 years. He first thought it was a clown faced box turlte(store owner told him that when he was 5), but we took it to the petshop now and they said it was a three toed tortoise. I have been reading a few things and are the two the same thing? He knows even less about these animals than I do. He had the animal in a 10 gallon tank its whole life. I just convinced him to build a 3' by 3' wooden cage for him. The cage has an open top. We have cypress mulch in it and that is it. The turtle is 440 grams, a little over five inches long, and had red spots on his feet. I need all the info you got.
:1. Does in need a hot spot and what should the temp be?
:2. He feed it monkey biscuts its whole life, what should it be eating other than meal worms and the biscuts?
:3. What should the humidity be?
:4. Can it swim and if it can, does it like to?
:5. How many years will it live
:6. Does it need a hide?
:7. Should the substrate be deep enough so it can dig?
:8. ARe we using the right subsrate?
:9. Can it survive outside or should it stay inside?
:10. would a shelf be a good idea in the cage?
:11. Should it be soaked like snakes?
:12. do they shed?

:I know nothing about these animals, i just love herps in general and want to help this poor thing. So if i left out anything important please fill in. I understand this is long but i really appreciate those who took the time to help. Its hard to do research because i dont know if the types of turtles listed above are the same or different and anything about them in general and dont know where to begin. thanx again.. rambo(turles name) also thanx you

Follow Ups:

[ Follow Ups ] [ The Box Turtle Forum ]