kingsnake.com - reptile and amphibian classifieds, breeders, forums, photos, videos and more

return to main index

mobile - desktop
follow us on facebook follow us on twitter follow us on YouTube link to us on LinkedIn

click here for Rodent Pro
Mice, Rats, Rabbits, Chicks, Quail
Available Now at RodentPro.com!
Locate a business by name: click to list your business
search the classifieds. buy an account
events by zip code list an event
Search the forums             Search in:
News & Events: Herp Photo of the Day: False Coral Snake . . . . . . . . . .  Herp Photo of the Day: Bearded Dragon . . . . . . . . . .  Greater Cincinnati Herp Society Meeting - Apr 02, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  Calusa Herp Society Meeting - Apr 04, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  Southwestern Herp Society Meeting - Apr 06, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  Hamburg Reptile Show - Apr. 13, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  St. Louis Herpetological Society - Apr 14, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  San Diego Herp Society Meeting - Apr 16, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  Suncoast Herp Society Meeting - Apr 20, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  DFW Herp Society Meeting - Apr 20, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  Colorado Herp Society Meeting - Apr 20, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  Chicago Herpetological Society Meeting - Apr 21, 2024 . . . . . . . . . . 

Resue or Relocate

[ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ The Box Turtle Forum ]

Posted by TMSocool on April 28, 2003 at 14:15:49:

If anyone has any advice on this issue I could sure use some!!! In February we had some really warm days and on one of those days a box turtle showed up in my drive way. At first I thought she was just changing Hibernation locations but she didn't move even when it got cold. We tried to get her to "go back to sleep" but she just kept coming back.We finally put her in a really sheltered place and all seemed well until recently. She must have 9 lives because she keeps getting into life threatning sitautions in mine and my neighbors yard (getting almost run over by lawn mowers, makinghomes by cars and yard carts, having altercations with chained dogs etc.) After her last dangerous encounter we took her in for a few days, when we tried to feed her she wouldn't eat anything but chicken(cooked not raw).Do you think she could have been a pet that was released or lost? Should we adopt her so that she doesn't get hurt or relocate her to another location i know of that sports others of her kind? I must add I have lived in this ares for 11 years and have documented several other boxies that show up pretty regularly and we have never seen her before. None of the others aresttracted to people like she is or so readily come into dangerous areas. Thanks for any insight!!!

Follow Ups:

[ Follow Ups ] [ The Box Turtle Forum ]