kingsnake.com - reptile and amphibian classifieds, breeders, forums, photos, videos and more

return to main index

mobile - desktop
follow us on facebook follow us on twitter follow us on YouTube link to us on LinkedIn
Zoo Med Aspen Snake Bedding  
click here for Rodent Pro
Mice, Rats, Rabbits, Chicks, Quail
Available Now at RodentPro.com!
Locate a business by name: click to list your business
search the classifieds. buy an account
events by zip code list an event
Search the forums             Search in:
News & Events: Herp Photo of the Day: Happy Rattlesnake Friday! . . . . . . . . . .  Herp Photo of the Day: Indigo . . . . . . . . . .  Suncoast Herp Society Meeting - Apr 20, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  DFW Herp Society Meeting - Apr 20, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  Colorado Herp Society Meeting - Apr 20, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  Chicago Herpetological Society Meeting - Apr 21, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  Bay Area Herpetological Society Meeting - Apr 26, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  Calusa Herp Society Meeting - May 02, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  Southwestern Herp Society Meeting - May 04, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  Exotic Pets Expo - Manasas - May 05, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  Greater Cincinnati Herp Society Meeting - May 07, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  St. Louis Herpetological Society - May 12, 2024 . . . . . . . . . . 

Re: Sick three-toed is much better!

[ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ The Box Turtle Forum ]

Posted by PHBoxTurtle on April 05, 2003 at 21:14:54:

In Reply to: Sick three-toed is much better! posted by threetoedOK on April 04, 2003 at 18:00:57:

Did the vet tell you to soak him that long? If I was treating this turtle, I would limit the soakings to half an hour and do it 3-4 times a day for as long as he is on antibiotics. And then down to daily soakings, with water available in a shallow dish for him to enter whenever he wanted to. That would be more natural. But it sounds like the turtle is on his way to recovery! How do you like this new vet?
Tess

:Hi, just wanted to report on Day 3 of treatment, my three-toed box turtle Harlequin is greatly improved, much more active, and best of all, his eyes are both half-open now! The first day my local vet gave him a shot of Baytril and told me how to continue with more shots every other day for 21 days. I'm also soaking the turtle for about eight hours a day in a clear glass water dish in his terrarium beneath a natural light bulb. As the vet didn't have a Vitamin A shot, I was going to add some codliver oil to his water, but it seems the heat, moisture and antibiotics are helping clear up his eyes on their own. He should start eating again soon. (This is the turtle I wrote about earlier, the one I've had for 21 years).

Follow Ups:

[ Follow Ups ] [ The Box Turtle Forum ]