kingsnake.com - reptile and amphibian classifieds, breeders, forums, photos, videos and more

return to main index

mobile - desktop
follow us on facebook follow us on twitter follow us on YouTube link to us on LinkedIn

click here for Rodent Pro
This Space Available
3 months for $50.00
Locate a business by name: click to list your business
search the classifieds. buy an account
events by zip code list an event
Search the forums             Search in:
News & Events: Reintroduced Siamese Crocodile exhibits first time nesting . . . . . . . . . .  Can a virus save Frogs from fungal disease? . . . . . . . . . .  San Diego Herp Society Meeting - Apr 16, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  Suncoast Herp Society Meeting - Apr 20, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  DFW Herp Society Meeting - Apr 20, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  Colorado Herp Society Meeting - Apr 20, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  Chicago Herpetological Society Meeting - Apr 21, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  Bay Area Herpetological Society Meeting - Apr 26, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  Calusa Herp Society Meeting - May 02, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  Southwestern Herp Society Meeting - May 04, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  Exotic Pets Expo - Manasas - May 05, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  Greater Cincinnati Herp Society Meeting - May 07, 2024 . . . . . . . . . . 

Random information to share

[ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ The Box Turtle Forum ]

Posted by StephF on April 01, 2003 at 12:12:40:

Just some odds and ends to share. We have a multi pet household and are always looking for ways to save money, so I thought I'd pass this along: the least expensive source of Chlorhexidine I've found has been from Jeffers Pet Supply. A 1 gal jug, plus shipping came to less than $25.00. They don't really have a good selection of herp supplies, but if you have other pets its a great resource.
Another random tidbit: last fall, shortly after removing him from a construction site, Hector (eastern male) showed signs of swelling on the left side of his head. I diligently took him to my vet (has lots of herp experience), who performed standard ear abscess removal surgery. The vet remarked at the time that the consistency of the pus was not typical at all. It was cultured and we treated him with the appropriate antibiotic, but the swelling never really went away.
I took him back yesterday, because the swelling had increased markedly over the last few weeks. The surgery was repeated, and this time , the vet said that the pus was text-book consistency, and he successfully removed all of it.
He thinks that the first effort had been premature, and the pus had not become caseated, so he wasn't able to clean it out properly.
I'm sharing this with you all for informational purposes.
If this comes up again , I'll probably wait for a little bit, rather than put anyone through multiple proceedures.
Hector,in the meantime, has perked up quite a bit since yesterdays ordeal, and even ate a little today. He LOVES blackberries.
Stephanie

Follow Ups:

[ Follow Ups ] [ The Box Turtle Forum ]