kingsnake.com - reptile and amphibian classifieds, breeders, forums, photos, videos and more

return to main index

mobile - desktop
follow us on facebook follow us on twitter follow us on YouTube link to us on LinkedIn
International Reptile Conservation Foundation  
Click here for LLL Reptile & Supply
This Space Available
3 months for $50.00
Locate a business by name: click to list your business
search the classifieds. buy an account
events by zip code list an event
Search the forums             Search in:
News & Events: Herp Photo of the Day: False Coral Snake . . . . . . . . . .  Herp Photo of the Day: Bearded Dragon . . . . . . . . . .  Greater Cincinnati Herp Society Meeting - Apr 02, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  Calusa Herp Society Meeting - Apr 04, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  Southwestern Herp Society Meeting - Apr 06, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  Hamburg Reptile Show - Apr. 13, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  St. Louis Herpetological Society - Apr 14, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  San Diego Herp Society Meeting - Apr 16, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  Suncoast Herp Society Meeting - Apr 20, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  DFW Herp Society Meeting - Apr 20, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  Colorado Herp Society Meeting - Apr 20, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  Chicago Herpetological Society Meeting - Apr 21, 2024 . . . . . . . . . . 

Re: Help! 1+ year old Box Turtles stopped eating

[ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ The Box Turtle Forum ]

Posted by LisaOKC on March 27, 2003 at 09:41:55:

In Reply to: Help! 1+ year old Box Turtles stopped eating posted by superbearcat on March 27, 2003 at 00:27:58:

Probably need to find a reptile vet asap! How large of a container do you have them in? Does your "grow light" make it warmer than 78 degrees in one area of their habitat? If not you might want to create a warmer spot. Note: You don't want to raise the temp of the entire habitat, but it might be good for them to have a warmer spot to bask in. Do they have water that they can get in at will? Just some thoughts. Hopefully others will be along with more info.

:2 turtles that hatched out in fall of 01 have not eaten for several weeks and mostly lay about with eyes closed. They had been on a diet of earthworms, mealworms and veg and seemed to do well until recently. I keep them at about 78 deg and lately have left their "grow" light on continuously and raised the humidity. They seem to wake up for a short while when I place them in shallow water, but pretty much seem to "sleep". Today, I noticed one did have some cloudy liquid discharge from the nostrils. Is there any liquid medicine, vitamins, food, ect out there that may help? Should they be seperated from each other? I have had the parents(currently hibernating) for 18 years and hatchlings from a previous season and they have done well so I know some of the basics. New to this site, please advise.
:Thanks

Follow Ups:

[ Follow Ups ] [ The Box Turtle Forum ]