kingsnake.com - reptile and amphibian classifieds, breeders, forums, photos, videos and more

return to main index

mobile - desktop
follow us on facebook follow us on twitter follow us on YouTube link to us on LinkedIn
International Reptile Conservation Foundation  
Click here for LLL Reptile & Supply
Mice, Rats, Rabbits, Chicks, Quail
Available Now at RodentPro.com!
Locate a business by name: click to list your business
search the classifieds. buy an account
events by zip code list an event
Search the forums             Search in:
News & Events: Herp Photo of the Day: Indigo . . . . . . . . . .  Herp Photo of the Day: Gopher Snake . . . . . . . . . .  Suncoast Herp Society Meeting - Apr 20, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  DFW Herp Society Meeting - Apr 20, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  Colorado Herp Society Meeting - Apr 20, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  Chicago Herpetological Society Meeting - Apr 21, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  Bay Area Herpetological Society Meeting - Apr 26, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  Calusa Herp Society Meeting - May 02, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  Southwestern Herp Society Meeting - May 04, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  Exotic Pets Expo - Manasas - May 05, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  Greater Cincinnati Herp Society Meeting - May 07, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  St. Louis Herpetological Society - May 12, 2024 . . . . . . . . . . 

The "Pearlescent Boa" lineage detailed:

[ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ The Boa Forum ]

Posted by boaphile on May 14, 2003 at 08:08:09:

In Reply to: The "Pearlescent Boa" posted by boaphile on May 13, 2003 at 18:21:28:

Here is a family tree of sorts detailing the lineage of these two inverse stripe families of Boas. The fact that the inverse stripe is in exactly the same body location as the "Pearlescent Boa" leads me to logically conclude that the same genes are causing this to occur. The inverse stripe found on the Pearlescent Boa is in the same location as well. I just don't believe this could be a coincidence. Moreover, what is going to happen when two of these genetically aberrant patterned Boas are bred together to produce offspring? Will there be "Super Pearlescent Boas"? We will not know for some time of course but this time I am planning on it. We shall see...

Here are the lineages:

The Pearlescent Boas history is like so:

Big Momma X Big Daddy in 1986, both completely unrelated, produced "Big Baby".

"Big Baby" X "Jose" in 1989, both completely unrelated, produced the mother of the Pearlescent Boa. "Jose" I believe is where much of the red influence came from in many of my Pastel Dreams. He was a rusty red color. This Big Baby baby girl Boa was sold and later reacquired from Joel DuBay in 1996.

The "DuBay" female X "Orange Tail Hypo", both completely unrelated, produced the "Pearlescent Boa" in 2000.

The "Pearlescent Boa" X The "Monster Tail”, both completely unrelated, produced the litter pictured above.

The Anerythristic with the inverse tail stripe's history works like so:

Big Momma X Big Daddy in 1986, both completely unrelated, produced "Jamie" the brother of "Big Baby". Jamie, named for my fair skinned brother Jamie was I believe the very first "Pastel Dream" I ever produced. This ten years before I had identified the characteristic.

"Stumpy" the Anerythristic X Jamie, both completely unrelated, produced 32 babies in 1994 that were all het for Anerythristic. I did not know she was an Anerythristic until the five pair of babies I had kept from her due to their extreme washed out look and light color (Pastel Dreams) were about two years old. I hadn't seen an Anerythristic till then and was very happy to realize I had a large adult Anerythristic and five pair of hets.

Het for Anery female # 2 x het for Anery male # 4 produced Ivory male #1 in 2000. These were the first Ivory Anerythristic Pastel Boas. I had sold two of the five het females but all three that I had left produced nice litters in 2000.

Ivory male #1 X Het for Anery female # 1 produced the Anery with the inverse stripe. Out bred this fellow as far as I could.

Anyhow that is the lineage of these two distantly related but for three generations separated lines of genetic inverse stripe Boas.

Follow Ups:

[ Follow Ups ] [ The Boa Forum ]