kingsnake.com - reptile and amphibian classifieds, breeders, forums, photos, videos and more

return to main index

mobile - desktop
follow us on facebook follow us on twitter follow us on YouTube link to us on LinkedIn
International Reptile Conservation Foundation  
click here for Rodent Pro
Mice, Rats, Rabbits, Chicks, Quail
Available Now at RodentPro.com!
Locate a business by name: click to list your business
search the classifieds. buy an account
events by zip code list an event
Search the forums             Search in:
News & Events: Herp Photo of the Day: Happy Rattlesnake Friday! . . . . . . . . . .  Herp Photo of the Day: Indigo . . . . . . . . . .  Suncoast Herp Society Meeting - Apr 20, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  DFW Herp Society Meeting - Apr 20, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  Colorado Herp Society Meeting - Apr 20, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  Chicago Herpetological Society Meeting - Apr 21, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  Bay Area Herpetological Society Meeting - Apr 26, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  Calusa Herp Society Meeting - May 02, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  Southwestern Herp Society Meeting - May 04, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  Exotic Pets Expo - Manasas - May 05, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  Greater Cincinnati Herp Society Meeting - May 07, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  St. Louis Herpetological Society - May 12, 2024 . . . . . . . . . . 

BRB Size Question: Male vs. Female

[ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ The Boa Forum ]

Posted by Jeff Clark on May 13, 2003 at 07:18:55:

In Reply to: BRB Size Question: Male vs. Female posted by dleary on May 13, 2003 at 06:25:25:

David,
. Most of my female BRBs are larger than the males. They seem to grow at about the same rate for the first two years but after that the males are actually more active and less apt to eat than the females. By the time they are 5 years old the females are usually 6 to 6.5 feet long and the males are 5.5 to 6 feet long. Most of my older male BRBs stay more slender than the females.
Jeff

:I'm planning to keep a Brazilian Rainbow Boa and was wondering how much longer and heavier females get than the males?

:I've also read that female BRBs are more active than the males. Is this what you all have observed as well?

:Thanks for the input,

:David
:Durham, NC

Follow Ups:

[ Follow Ups ] [ The Boa Forum ]