kingsnake.com - reptile and amphibian classifieds, breeders, forums, photos, videos and more

return to main index

mobile - desktop
follow us on facebook follow us on twitter follow us on YouTube link to us on LinkedIn
International Reptile Conservation Foundation  
Click here for LLL Reptile & Supply
This Space Available
3 months for $50.00
Locate a business by name: click to list your business
search the classifieds. buy an account
events by zip code list an event
Search the forums             Search in:
News & Events: Herp Photo of the Day: Happy Rattlesnake Friday! . . . . . . . . . .  Herp Photo of the Day: Indigo . . . . . . . . . .  Suncoast Herp Society Meeting - Apr 20, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  DFW Herp Society Meeting - Apr 20, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  Colorado Herp Society Meeting - Apr 20, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  Chicago Herpetological Society Meeting - Apr 21, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  Bay Area Herpetological Society Meeting - Apr 26, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  Calusa Herp Society Meeting - May 02, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  Southwestern Herp Society Meeting - May 04, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  Exotic Pets Expo - Manasas - May 05, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  Greater Cincinnati Herp Society Meeting - May 07, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  St. Louis Herpetological Society - May 12, 2024 . . . . . . . . . . 

Beautiful, just beautiful!!!!!!!!!!

[ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ The Boa Forum ]

Posted by brandon9200 on May 06, 2003 at 23:43:50:

In Reply to: My other Bcc...(pix) posted by kw53 on May 06, 2003 at 15:20:41:

:While I was at it, well, in for a penny, in for a pound, so I got a pair of Peruvians from Steve Markevich at Serpent's Den. I'm kind of psycho about patterns, and I really like the peaks, so I'm sorry to say I'm less attracted to the Peruvians with the classic hourglass saddles, although there are some out there that could turn me, especially from Rio Bravo. Ouch! Anyway, Steve had a few with some nice peaks for Peruvians, so I got a pair of those to go with the suris from Basically Boas. I want to point out that I read sad stories of Internet ripoffs and other bad experiences, and while my turn may indeed be coming, I have gotten nothing but great service from Serpent's Den, Basically Boas, Hiss-N-Things and the Reptile Shed.

:I also want to thank Matt from the Herp Photography Forum, who kindly stepped in when he noticed me fumbling to post multiple pix, and showed me how. The Internet offers many things, some good, some not so good, but included in it's potential is the opportunity to experience the kindness of distant strangers. Thanks to Matt and the others over the years who have moved my tech skills along.

:

:This is the male Peruvian, born 9/1/02. He's the nippiest of all my boas, although usually tame enough to handle--he didn't fancy the flash, though.

:
:

:This is the female. Both are starting to color up, and are just beginning to get the golden color typical of their population.

Follow Ups:

[ Follow Ups ] [ The Boa Forum ]