kingsnake.com - reptile and amphibian classifieds, breeders, forums, photos, videos and more

return to main index

mobile - desktop
follow us on facebook follow us on twitter follow us on YouTube link to us on LinkedIn

click here for Rodent Pro
Mice, Rats, Rabbits, Chicks, Quail
Available Now at RodentPro.com!
Locate a business by name: click to list your business
search the classifieds. buy an account
events by zip code list an event
Search the forums             Search in:
News & Events: Herp Photo of the Day: Happy Rattlesnake Friday! . . . . . . . . . .  Herp Photo of the Day: Indigo . . . . . . . . . .  Suncoast Herp Society Meeting - Apr 20, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  DFW Herp Society Meeting - Apr 20, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  Colorado Herp Society Meeting - Apr 20, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  Chicago Herpetological Society Meeting - Apr 21, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  Bay Area Herpetological Society Meeting - Apr 26, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  Calusa Herp Society Meeting - May 02, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  Southwestern Herp Society Meeting - May 04, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  Exotic Pets Expo - Manasas - May 05, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  Greater Cincinnati Herp Society Meeting - May 07, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  St. Louis Herpetological Society - May 12, 2024 . . . . . . . . . . 

Re: New Iguana

[ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ The Beginner Lizard Forum ]

Posted by XzSaGezX on November 19, 2002 at 11:22:12:

In Reply to: Re: New Iguana posted by PHFaust on November 18, 2002 at 19:59:05:

I currently have 3 iguanas 2 Adults and a Juvi In my experience they get a little Nervous being brought out of there cage Maybe you can try hand feeding I tried that out with my iguanas and they seemed to calm down alot when i would try to get them out its worked so well My larger male Rasta 4.5 loves to be handled will crawl up my leg and sit on my shoulder its a great feeling to know he does it on his own i am not making him my Large Female Wanna Will leap onto me she is 4ft and she is loving as can be my little one is about 2ft and still a little nervous but slowly i can see its going away the best advice i can give you is to try the hand feeding and patience. I am also sorry you were insulted by others on this forum for just doing what this forum is here for Asking a question if you wish to ask me any questions or update me on your iggy email me at shadow1@epix.net Goodluck

::No it wasn't an impulse buy. Don't insult me like that please. I just asked for a little advice. He is still a juvy. I do know what to feed him and I do know how to care for him. Maybe he is a little skittish from th move and maybe he will grow out of it. That doesn't explain why he wasn't skittish when I took him out of the shipping box but when I put him in the big cage that I have built for him he was furious when I tried to grab him. Thanks for the help and feedback but if you are going to put yourself above me and put me down then I do not need your input anymore. I am just an honest guy trying to get some honest good-hearted advice. I am not looking for some harsh reply to just turn me away from the place where I am trying to get help to take care of my Iguana!

:
:You might want to check out the iguana forum. The link is below. lots of good folks over there.

:Cindy
:PHFaust
:

Follow Ups:

[ Follow Ups ] [ The Beginner Lizard Forum ]