kingsnake.com - reptile and amphibian classifieds, breeders, forums, photos, videos and more

return to main index

mobile - desktop
follow us on facebook follow us on twitter follow us on YouTube link to us on LinkedIn

click here for Rodent Pro
This Space Available
3 months for $50.00
Locate a business by name: click to list your business
search the classifieds. buy an account
events by zip code list an event
Search the forums             Search in:
News & Events: Herp Photo of the Day: False Coral Snake . . . . . . . . . .  Herp Photo of the Day: Bearded Dragon . . . . . . . . . .  Greater Cincinnati Herp Society Meeting - Apr 02, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  Calusa Herp Society Meeting - Apr 04, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  Southwestern Herp Society Meeting - Apr 06, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  Hamburg Reptile Show - Apr. 13, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  St. Louis Herpetological Society - Apr 14, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  San Diego Herp Society Meeting - Apr 16, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  Suncoast Herp Society Meeting - Apr 20, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  DFW Herp Society Meeting - Apr 20, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  Colorado Herp Society Meeting - Apr 20, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  Chicago Herpetological Society Meeting - Apr 21, 2024 . . . . . . . . . . 

sorry, wrong forum, heading over to cage forum now

[ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ The Beginner Lizard Forum ]

Posted by bobxu on September 13, 2002 at 21:47:16:

In Reply to: I\'m planning to build a 4 ft. tall vivarium. I\'m new posted by bobxu on September 13, 2002 at 21:25:35:

:I'm planning to build a 4 ft. tall vivariums, with the other dimensions around 18" each, for my crested geckos. I want this to be a planted vivarium. There will be two side screen doors, I figure that the humdity will be mainted at around 60%-80% through twice daily spraying, The temp will be maintained at 68-80F through out the year depending on season. I live in temperate climate. I plan to have a 14 watt, 20 inch compact flourscent light to light it, so I think that the enclsoure will recieve very bright lighting close to the light, to very dim at the bottom. The back will be of wood, probably plywood, so I can attach branches to them. Does anyone recommend something that can be put over the plywood for epiphytes to attach? I will use branches to attach some epiphytes but wanted smaller epiphytes to make up a plant rich wall. I was thinking of using sheet type cork, but wanted to use a material more flexible so I can attach as many branches to the back as I wanted, then fill in the remaining space with another material for smaller epiphytes or mosses to attach. As well, any names of of plants that will do will in this type of enclosure would be appreciated. I am aware of philodarean, that is pretty much it. I want to grow orchids, bromeliads, tillandisas, mosses, ferns, and anything that would look good. Also, all tips for building the enclosure is appreciated, such as types of wood sealer to use, types of wood to use, and so on. I want to use glass doors, However I am not sure how to build one, should I use wood around the glass? Any comments are helpful. Thankyou for reading.

Follow Ups:

[ Follow Ups ] [ The Beginner Lizard Forum ]