kingsnake.com - reptile and amphibian classifieds, breeders, forums, photos, videos and more

return to main index

mobile - desktop
follow us on facebook follow us on twitter follow us on YouTube link to us on LinkedIn
International Reptile Conservation Foundation  
Click here for LLL Reptile & Supply
This Space Available
3 months for $50.00
Locate a business by name: click to list your business
search the classifieds. buy an account
events by zip code list an event
Search the forums             Search in:
News & Events: Herp Photo of the Day: Happy Rattlesnake Friday! . . . . . . . . . .  Herp Photo of the Day: Indigo . . . . . . . . . .  Suncoast Herp Society Meeting - Apr 20, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  DFW Herp Society Meeting - Apr 20, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  Colorado Herp Society Meeting - Apr 20, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  Chicago Herpetological Society Meeting - Apr 21, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  Bay Area Herpetological Society Meeting - Apr 26, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  Calusa Herp Society Meeting - May 02, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  Southwestern Herp Society Meeting - May 04, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  Exotic Pets Expo - Manasas - May 05, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  Greater Cincinnati Herp Society Meeting - May 07, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  St. Louis Herpetological Society - May 12, 2024 . . . . . . . . . . 

that is NOT how they do it - believe me I know ......

[ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ The Beginner Lizard Forum ]

Posted by glenn bartley on August 31, 2002 at 16:25:14:

In Reply to: Re: how gecko\'s stick to glass (tells how they do it) posted by meretseger on August 31, 2002 at 06:15:41:

...because I once had a Tokay Gecko and I know for a fact that they have a little secret to the walking up glass trick. You see my Gecko would never come out in the day time, but one night under dim red light, I caught mine perilously clinging to the side of its glass terrarium. He was having a really hard time holding on and I soon saw why. He was chewing away furiously at something, I figured it was a cricket so I was flabbergasted when he started to blow a small pink bubble. The next thing I know, he is passing one foot after another threw a wad of pink gooey stuff in his mouth. The pink goop is adhering to his toe pads in tiny clumps and suddenly he is having no trouble at all hanging onto the glass. As I am watching awestruck, I twitch a little and he sees me. He scampers down to the bottom of the tank in a flash, grabs up something in his mouth and starts to swallow it as fast as he can. I flick on the lights really quick and am just in time to see the upper half of Joe Bazooka as he disappears into the Tokay's mouth. That little lizard gave one look of embarrassed shame and then begged me to promise not to tell a living soul for the rest of his life - or he would be dog meat in the land of lizards. Well he's been gone a few years now, so I guess it is ok to tell the tale - I mean I just can’t believe the things those scientists would have us believe!

Follow Ups:

[ Follow Ups ] [ The Beginner Lizard Forum ]