kingsnake.com - reptile and amphibian classifieds, breeders, forums, photos, videos and more

return to main index

mobile - desktop
follow us on facebook follow us on twitter follow us on YouTube link to us on LinkedIn

click here for Rodent Pro
This Space Available
3 months for $50.00
Locate a business by name: click to list your business
search the classifieds. buy an account
events by zip code list an event
Search the forums             Search in:
News & Events: Herp Photo of the Day: False Coral Snake . . . . . . . . . .  Herp Photo of the Day: Bearded Dragon . . . . . . . . . .  Greater Cincinnati Herp Society Meeting - Apr 02, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  Calusa Herp Society Meeting - Apr 04, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  Southwestern Herp Society Meeting - Apr 06, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  Hamburg Reptile Show - Apr. 13, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  St. Louis Herpetological Society - Apr 14, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  San Diego Herp Society Meeting - Apr 16, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  Suncoast Herp Society Meeting - Apr 20, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  DFW Herp Society Meeting - Apr 20, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  Colorado Herp Society Meeting - Apr 20, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  Chicago Herpetological Society Meeting - Apr 21, 2024 . . . . . . . . . . 

re:

[ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ The Bearded Dragon Forum ]

Posted by Christyj on May 11, 2003 at 16:24:27:

In Reply to: Calcium Supplement Question!!!!! posted by LindsayMarie on May 11, 2003 at 14:09:43:

I'm not arguing with anyone, no need, because I believe in it, I use it, and I have healthy dragons. The only facts I can give are through my own use of Absolute Calcium. I would never put my dragons in any danger and I trust val wholeheartedly with the health of my dragons. I was more miffed at the comment of it being total BS, which is basically calling val a liar. val has made monumental contributions to the health of bearded dragons. In the herp world there just isn't the scientific studies going on that we would like to see. My own vet was very closed minded about Parazap, even after Albon failed and Parazap worked. Most vets don't even want to entertain the thought of homeopathic remedies. They learned scientific facts and that's it, no more discussion. The true information comes from herpers and our own use of products. val has been raising dragons for over 10 yrs, he had a Grandma dragon pass away not too long ago and I believe she was 13 yrs old. He must be doing something right. Like Parazap, he doesn't reveal all the ingredients in the Calcium.
There's alot of inappropiate products, not only in the reptile products but in human products. The FDA approves them until they start killing people then recall them. So much for testing and research. Makes you wonder doesn't it? As far as herp products, you're right, it's the almighty buck driving the market. When Calcisand started killing and impacting dragons, there was no huge recall or even any responsibility taken by the manufacturer. They still deny there is a problem. Now that is BS!!
As far as plants being used for calcium and silica converting to calcium, I found this. It refers to humans, but the fact remain that plant silica can be converted to calcium..

Professor Kervran, member of the New York Academy of Sciences, Doctor of Conferences of Paris University and Member of Conseil d'Hygiene de la Seine. According to Biological Transmutation essentially the human mind is the "master chemist," through chemical reactions it is able to produce the elements it needs from within. For example Professor Kervran recommends organic silica if one is deficient in calcium. Why? Because, through the process of Biological Transmutation your body is able to convert silica which is a mineral into a highly usable form of calcium another mineral.

Follow Ups:

[ Follow Ups ] [ The Bearded Dragon Forum ]