kingsnake.com - reptile and amphibian classifieds, breeders, forums, photos, videos and more

return to main index

mobile - desktop
follow us on facebook follow us on twitter follow us on YouTube link to us on LinkedIn

click here for Rodent Pro
Mice, Rats, Rabbits, Chicks, Quail
Available Now at RodentPro.com!
Locate a business by name: click to list your business
search the classifieds. buy an account
events by zip code list an event
Search the forums             Search in:
News & Events: Herp Photo of the Day: Caiman . . . . . . . . . .  Herp Photo of the Day: Lizard . . . . . . . . . .  MAHS Fox Valley Meeting - Oct. 19, 2018 . . . . . . . . . .  ReptiCon Houston - Oct. 20-21, 2018 . . . . . . . . . .  ReptiCon Greensboro - Oct. 20-21, 2018 . . . . . . . . . .  ReptiCon Denver - Oct. 20-21, 2018 . . . . . . . . . .  Hamburg Reptile Show - Oct. 20, 2018 . . . . . . . . . .  DFW Herpetolocial Society Meeting - Oct. 20, 2018 . . . . . . . . . .  Colorado Herp Society Meeting - Oct. 20, 2018 . . . . . . . . . .  Long Island Reptile Expo - Oct. 21, 2018 . . . . . . . . . .  Bay Area Amph. and Reptile Society Meeti - Oct. 26, 2018 . . . . . . . . . .  Bay Area Amph. and Reptile Society Meeti - Dec. 28, 2018 . . . . . . . . . . 

My dragons had the exact same problems (more)

[ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ The Bearded Dragon Forum ]

Posted by Gunilla on May 09, 2003 at 08:56:28:

In Reply to: 2 questions about feeding/eating posted by Jo_OscarsMom on May 09, 2003 at 07:35:52:

My dragons had the exact same problems. The hookworms and coccidia kept coming back. Then I tried Parazap – and it actually WORKED! I definitely recommend it! (It is also an appetite stimulant, and so is vitamin B) None of my dragons has had any kind of parasite since I started to use Parazap, a year ago. You can read more about it here: www.parazap.com

I my dragons the Parazap tea 5 days in a row once a months and it seems to work. My dragons eat veggies, crickets and worms. I even had my crickets tested for parasites when my dragons kept getting it…the crickets were ok. I am not sure the parasites come from crickets’ etc.

Anyway – I don’t think you have to worry about Oscar not eating. How old is she? It is quite normal that they don’t eat – especially after an Albon treatment. Also… all my dragons has “periods” when they don’t eat and as long as Oscar doesn’t loose any weight I don’t think you shall worry.

By the way – The seed you sent me is germinating! I now have small plants that I shall replant outside in a couple of weeks when it gets warmer here. :)

Follow Ups:

[ Follow Ups ] [ The Bearded Dragon Forum ]