kingsnake.com - reptile and amphibian classifieds, breeders, forums, photos, videos and more

return to main index

mobile - desktop
follow us on facebook follow us on twitter follow us on YouTube link to us on LinkedIn
International Reptile Conservation Foundation  
click here for Rodent Pro
Mice, Rats, Rabbits, Chicks, Quail
Available Now at RodentPro.com!
Locate a business by name: click to list your business
search the classifieds. buy an account
events by zip code list an event
Search the forums             Search in:
News & Events: Herp Photo of the Day: Happy Earth Day . . . . . . . . . .  Herp Photo of the Day: Happy Rattlesnake Friday! . . . . . . . . . .  Bay Area Herpetological Society Meeting - Apr 26, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  Calusa Herp Society Meeting - May 02, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  Southwestern Herp Society Meeting - May 04, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  Exotic Pets Expo - Manasas - May 05, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  Greater Cincinnati Herp Society Meeting - May 07, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  St. Louis Herpetological Society - May 12, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  Colorado Herp Society Meeting - May 18, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  Chicago Herpetological Society Meeting - May 19, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  San Diego Herp Society Meeting - May 21, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  Bay Area Herpetological Society Meeting - May 24, 2024 . . . . . . . . . . 

Calm it down

[ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ The Bearded Dragon Forum ]

Posted by falias on May 09, 2003 at 01:48:24:

In Reply to: Calm it down posted by TheNakedCowboy1 on May 08, 2003 at 20:14:52:

This is a forum. A place to ask specific questions that come up along the way. This is not a place to do your major research. I am glad to hear that you are not planning on breeding. I also read a post where you recommended buying a book on breeding to another person. I apologize for including you in that last post, I do not think you are one of those people.

But everyone has seen those people here. I think that I am really upset because of this post that I read on another forum:

"I got a beardie donated for my schools media center!
I need a female beardie for breeding. I will give the owner of the mom half of the babies.
Later
Beardedboy"

this same person also posted this....

MY beardie was lathargic and slithering the other day. I took her right to the vet. He was lacking calcium. It cost me $154.00 for shots and medicines. Was that the right thing to do?
I put him out in the sunlight today. She started scrathing and raming the cage in wich she was enclosed. What is the matter?
Thanks for all of your help. I keep lizzie in a 50 gallon cage. I keep him in a gallon critter keeper when he is outdoors. He is 5 months old. I've had him for 1 month. When is she old enough to breed?
Is she old enough for wax worms?
Sorry, she's a girl( the vet just told me and i got mixed up)...
beardedboy :(

This is what makes me mad. Not the casual questions of the curious.
This little kid cannot even remember if his dragon is a girl or boy. He does not know how to properly supplement a regular dragon much less a pregnant one. You should understand that the anger was not at you. It was at these people. I am sure you agree with the overall message.

Follow Ups:

[ Follow Ups ] [ The Bearded Dragon Forum ]